PDA

View Full Version : RMA/Repairs for G73JH

Wuzseen
06-21-2011, 08:12 PM
I had a thread awhile ago about my g73 randomly freezing. Through that, we discovered that there were some temp issues.

Last night my GPU was at 95 C while playing a game of League of Legends. I do not feel comfortable with those kind of temps--it also idles at 75-80.

The CPU was also pretty hot, although not as dangerously hot.

From what I understand, there's a center in Fremont, CA. I live about 40 minutes from there and will actually be in the area next week. Is it possible to just take it in there? Or perhaps there are other places I can take it and have it repaired via warranty.

xeromist
06-21-2011, 08:59 PM
I don't believe that they have a front counter, but I could be wrong.

Chastity@ASUS
06-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Actually, they do have a Walk-In Service and Pick-Up. :) I'd just call ahead to find out hours and procedure.

Wuzseen
06-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks, will do.

xeromist
06-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Actually, they do have a Walk-In Service and Pick-Up. :) I'd just call ahead to find out hours and procedure.

Sweet! Glad I was wrong :)

Wuzseen
06-24-2011, 03:29 AM
So, I was doing a bit of research. My fans are only going at 30%... ever. Should I see about boosting up those fan speeds first? See i that fixes my temp problem?

irdmoose
06-24-2011, 03:51 AM
They should actually be speeding themselves up automatically, which indicates a problem... might want to get it checked out.

Wuzseen
06-24-2011, 04:21 AM
Hmmmn, well I do have an RMA request. But I have tinkered in the BIOS before before the occasional reformat. I might have changed an option. is there a way to see if I somehow checked off the automatic speed changing?

irdmoose
06-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Not sure, but you could always reset the bios to defaults from the menu (I don't know if there's a CMOS reset button hiddden somewere, but if there is that'd wor too).

Wuzseen
06-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Where can I mess with the fan settings in the bios? I'm still on 211--do I need to upgrade to 213?

Chastity@ASUS
06-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Fan settings are not adjustable in the BIOS. You would need to splice in a fan controller and disconnect the PWM by cutting the blue line in order to have fan control, which I do not recommend. :)

Wuzseen
06-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Well, looks like I need to RMA it for sure then. Thanks for all ze halp!

irdmoose
06-27-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm not sure about fan settings (I haven't spent a great deal of time in my JW's bios myself, and it is slightly different), but the menu option is present to reset it to factory defaults. You could also use a program like SpeedFan (if it supports your system) to manually turn the fans up. If it supports your system and they won't spin up faster than when you have it under load, there may be something wrong. Keep an eye on the RPMs of the fans just to be sure.

If the fans won't spin faster, it might be RMA time.