PDA

View Full Version : trying to download an online game

SpitfireII
12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Hello peeps, I am new and got my first Asus G75VW and getting confused with Windows 8, I usually use Win 7. Main concern is when I am trying to download an online game, the apps popup comes on and I just ignored it, and file is only installed but the download won't kick in. It looked like was playing the game from the browser only. I am using Firefox. My other laptops have no issue with the same online game.

Clintlgm
12-31-2012, 10:10 PM
This sounds like a Windows 8 problem, also sounds like your just downloading the App or as an App, not the program. Check out ClassicShell, should solve your problems http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/, will get you back to a windows 7 desktop more or less.

GottiBoi55
12-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Hello peeps, I am new and got my first Asus G75VW and getting confused with Windows 8, I usually use Win 7. Main concern is when I am trying to download an online game, the apps popup comes on and I just ignored it, and file is only installed but the download won't kick in. It looked like was playing the game from the browser only. I was am using Firefox. My other laptops have no issue with the same online game.

Try going to the "tools tab" in FireFox, then click on "add on" and see if the game in there and enabled, or installed.
You may need to install the game from the "add ons" section.
Or may that game app is not Win8 compatible.

Pitcher@asus
01-02-2013, 02:33 AM
are you speace is miss? if no, how is press power F9 to revocer or http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=110&m=ASUS%20Recovery&os=36&ft=14&f_name=ASUSRecovery_Win8_64_Z103.zip#ASUSRecovery_ Win8_64_Z103.zip
how is other webstool like Maxthon 3 still happen?

SpitfireII
01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I found out that the Windows 8 prevented the game from being downloaded, and a popup saying exe and name of game is corrupted and there was a detail view next to it that I clicked on it and reviewed it. There was a run anyway or quit tabs, so I clicked run anyway and it was able to download the game without a problem. Just a heads up and thanks for the responses.