PDA

View Full Version : G73JH Black Screen on reboot

RGHawk2000
06-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi, Im new here and I have a big concern. My G73JH went on save mode after I close the screen last night and today the notebook was off so when I turned it on the keyboard light went on and off but the screen was black, no sound, nothing. Just the bulb light was blue and initial hard drive light went on and off. Battery light is green and the cap and num lock lights can be turned on and off. I even can do ctr alt del and you can see by the lights the restart but still black screen and no sound, nothing. I check several forums, including notebook review, talk to ASUS vip tech and the only answer I got was to RMA for physical check. The problem is that Im living in Venezuela now and sending the notebook will be expensive and even dangerous by getting lost on shipment from here. Anyone knows what is the issue with this black screen and a way to solve it??? Also I read about the reset hole in the back of the G73 by my model (that I got from best buy) doesnt have a reset hole in the back so is there anyway to reset it without the hole??? I also did the battery unplug and cable unplug. I even took out check ram by ram but still black screen :(

best regards and thanks in advance for your help

sincerely

Roberto Grieco

PS: Bios is 209 and I havent flashed the bios, it has the one that came from Best Buy. Usually, I got black screen before when I close the screen and left it like that overnight some the next day when I turned it on I got a black screen so I turned off and on the issue was solved. Now, I keep getting black screen and it doesnt get fix after turned it off and on several time

xeromist
06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
One thing you can check is to view it carefully with an angled light source. If you can still see a picture that means that the backlight is out. I would take another look for the pinhole reset to see if it's somewhere you didn't look the first time. There's not much else that can be done without opening the case.

RGHawk2000
06-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, there is no reset button on some Best Buy ASUS G73JH, already check that. No, there is not a blacklit trouble, I pretty much familiar with them fixing several laptops with this issue myself. I reset, change the ram and it didnt work, I unplug battery and power supply and plug in back and it didnt work. I think, sorrily for me, is a video card problem and I will have to do a RMA. I dont know why I keep buying ASUS, this is my third ASUS laptop giving me nightmares starting from the C90S, then V83x, and now this. I should have read more reports on this one because since I have this trouble I have been searching through the INTERNET o find a solution and all I have found is problem and more problems for this G73. Im in Venezuela and it will cost me dearly to send it to USA since I bought it in MIAMI Best Buy but I have to do it, I have to RMA this lapop, get it fixed by my warranty, and as soon I get it back I will check it and if everything is fine I will sell it and buy another laptop from some other brand. Im done with ASUS.

Thank you anyway,

sincerely,

Roberto Grieco

PS: After 48 hours still waiting for USA ASUS support center reply while the Latin American ASUS support center answered me within a day I sent the technical inquire from the ASUS vip member support, talking about efficiency, not good no good...

front360
07-23-2011, 05:54 PM
On my G73JH-RBBX05(Best Buy) the reset button is under the laptop and just next to the removeable panel.(upper left side of panel)