PDA

View Full Version : Country of Origin - Soon ?

chrsplmr
01-01-2013, 03:16 PM
This is very important to help answer 'some' posts.
There has been talk for a year of including this .. and
attempts have been made .. but seem to fade.

If adding this to the side panel is not possible or
for some reason some dont wish them posted ..
It would still be useful to have 'it' in the Member's Profile.

We are all aware of the different rules, laws, retailers in
different regions of the World -

Members: I think this is important, what say you ? .c.

Granger
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Pretty good idea really, it would make things easier for advice. i would stop talking in euros if I saw the OP was from the UK or USA for example. Also, there is no point directing an aussie towards Newegg or FrozenCPU either lol.

I like the idea.

Myk SilentShadow
01-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Ahhh though you can now direct Aussies to ncix.com Granger as they are shipping internationally :p

I think it's good idea, makes it much easier than having to ask and await a reply...not everyone puts their country location in for it to be easily seen.

Area 66
01-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Chris why you don't start by doing it. Happy New Year by the way.

NCIX ship Int ? .....lol they have hard time to ship in their own Country, I hate this bunch of morons. Worst service you can find, and they own about 12 others companies in Canada .

Myk SilentShadow
01-02-2013, 02:02 AM
Yep, apparently they have started doing so recently lol

Zygomorphic
01-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Could be helpful, yes, but I think that if the user wants localized info, they should provide their location. Still, it's really up to the admins. In the interests of privacy, I'd say no more detailed than USA, UK, Germany, Russia, etc.

_
01-02-2013, 03:05 AM
It has been required on registration since Dec '11. It should be shown by default for everyone, but seems .. does not. :/

For those who registered before Dec '11 who didn't enter one, this is why it is not shown.

/adds it to fix list.

Area 66
01-02-2013, 05:12 AM
I register in June 2011 and it show ? but you change my nick Marshall ( at my request) , it may be the reason

Zygomorphic
01-02-2013, 11:16 AM
I registered in March of '12, and it did not require me to insert that info. I updated my profile with my country.

Area 66
01-02-2013, 01:31 PM
" in the Orion arm of a spiral galaxy in the Local Group. "

you should not give your personal address , I will not like to see those guy knock at your door

chrsplmr
01-03-2013, 12:59 AM
... hahahha .. as long as that's not what the women look like .. hahhahaha

Zygomorphic
01-04-2013, 02:23 AM
" in the Orion arm of a spiral galaxy in the Local Group. "

you should not give your personal address , I will not like to see those guy knock at your door

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

...Fluent in Javascript as well as in Klingon! :) Actually, I don't know Klingon...:D

Anyway, the Klingons reside in our galaxy. :D

chrsplmr
01-04-2013, 03:04 AM
.. only weirdAl or such could get away wit some sh .. stuff like that .. 'real n*ga's play for real'-rell. freak'n yikes ZyMan.c.

Area 66
01-04-2013, 03:22 AM
I found you 2 beauties

Zygomorphic
01-04-2013, 11:18 AM
.. only weirdAl or such could get away wit some sh .. stuff like that .. 'real n*ga's play for real'-rell. freak'n yikes ZyMan.c.
Don't you just love the nerd references all over the place? I can't get over how many nerdy things are in that song:
1) Schrodinger Equation - recognize that, but can't use it...yet.
2) Oscilloscope - used these before
3) Vulcan salute - know what that is
4) Pascal - programming language, never used.
5) Vector Calculus - I do use Calculus and know what it is.

chrsplmr
01-04-2013, 06:10 PM
I do .. its funny as .. ( censored ) ... I was only making reference to the American African American in respect ...
if the 'dis' came straight forward .. there would be shooting in the face .. hahhaha .. there would have to be ..
it is about respect ... there would be little laughter ..
Who is to say .. but .. well, I cringed ... yikes .. hahahhahaha
Only two ways OUT of the 'getto' ... and allowing disrespect by a rich white guy .. nerd or not is not one of
them ...
Meant no disrespect .. was pointing out ... that in NO Way were you either ....
but yeah bro ... it funny as ... it gets .. hahahhaha .c.