PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-TH71 Blu-Ray Playing Issues

rainwzd
01-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Hello everyone -

I have a new G75vw that was purchased at Tiger Direct. Went through as much research as possible before I got this laptop (sadly, I found this forum AFTER I purchased this computer on sale). I asked multiple employees about the few questions I had on this computer and they seemed to all have the same answers so I went ahead and purchased it.

I like this laptop, however I do have a few issues that maybe someone can help me with.

1. I cannot play Blu-Ray movie disks on the laptop screen... Only through the HDMI port. I know this is due to the HDCP and the laptop display not being compatible... What is the point of having this on a laptop if you have to have a HDCP compatible display towed along with you at all times?

2. Was blatantly lied to about the 3d(ness) of this laptop (whole other issue not for here). But I know understand that you have to have the -3D model number now... Was told all I needed was passive glasses, not a whole new display, plus glasses, and a 3d Blu-Ray player, etc. This issue I am taking up with Tiger Direct since multiple employees told me this...

So basically, how can I get blu-ray movies to play on my laptop screen or can I not?

Thanks

GottiBoi55
01-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Hello everyone -

I have a new G75vw that was purchased at Tiger Direct. Went through as much research as possible before I got this laptop (sadly, I found this forum AFTER I purchased this computer on sale). I asked multiple employees about the few questions I had on this computer and they seemed to all have the same answers so I went ahead and purchased it.

I like this laptop, however I do have a few issues that maybe someone can help me with.

1. I cannot play Blu-Ray movie disks on the laptop screen... Only through the HDMI port. I know this is due to the HDCP and the laptop display not being compatible... What is the point of having this on a laptop if you have to have a HDCP compatible display towed along with you at all times?

2. Was blatantly lied to about the 3d(ness) of this laptop (whole other issue not for here). But I know understand that you have to have the -3D model number now... Was told all I needed was passive glasses, not a whole new display, plus glasses, and a 3d Blu-Ray player, etc. This issue I am taking up with Tiger Direct since multiple employees told me this...

So basically, how can I get blu-ray movies to play on my laptop screen or can I not?

Thanks

You should be able to play a "Blu-Ray disc" without a problem.
For the '3D issue" , if you did your "research" as you claim you should have known that model does not have a "3D LED Display" (120Hz).
Dude come on!

Now if you really want the "3D Model" you will have to play for it!
Take it back and exchange for the model G75VW -DH73-3D

(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4978457)

rainwzd
01-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Just tried a blu-ray with a fresh install of Win 8 from the recovery partition. Also tried with the most current NVIDIA drivers (clean install of the drivers). This appears to be a video card issue between the display and the card. It works fine when I connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI cable. Is this normal behavior???

As for the 3d part, I agree that it is a majority my fault, as I was unclear on models. Wish I had found this site before I purchased.

GottiBoi55
01-02-2013, 02:42 AM
Just tried a blu-ray with a fresh install of Win 8 from the recovery partition. Also tried with the most current NVIDIA drivers (clean install of the drivers). This appears to be a video card issue between the display and the card. It works fine when I connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI cable. Is this normal behavior???

As for the 3d part, I agree that it is a majority my fault, as I was unclear on models. Wish I had found this site before I
purchased.

Okay, try this trick!
Go to device manager and "uninstall" you monitor driver"
Then restart your system, and let windows reinstall the driver.
This may, or may not work, but give it a try!