PDA

View Full Version : G75VX - FPS Performance (BF3)

JVaz77
01-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Hello everyone,

Aside form being able to work around the graphic card's drivers update issue (so inadmissible by the way...), I'm disappointed with the performance of this gamming powerhouse so far...

On BF3 (which is my game of choice) with everything full on I get 25 FPS avg...(with both the 306 and 310 drivers). When I start shifting to better performance, the FPS improve a bit but it feels it's stuttering the whole time (not really smooth)...

Is this the normal FPS range for everyone?

I only tried this game and it feels really bad. Dunno if it's a game issue or if we're being tricked and the powerhouse ain't so powerful after all...

Desapointeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.................. ...........................

Dreamonic
01-04-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm gathering here...

you are running it at Ultra Preset aren't you? This auto sets MSAA to 4x and that is too much for that card to do at 1080p on Ultra. A 680M can do that but not the 670MX.

You should be on Custom > Set the rest to ULTRA with HBAO, 16xAF. If you want 2xMSAA, you will likely have to change HBAO to SSAO... but that is just gonna be shy over 40fps average. You will have to set AA off most likely with the rest cranked up to get better performance.

VSync is probably on too, try turning it off. Motion blur will increase fps as well when turned off. Play around with some settings anyway, you should be near max and get 50ish fps consistently with no additional game file config tweaking.