PDA

View Full Version : G72J Crashing & locking up.

Brandan
06-24-2011, 05:42 AM
So every now and then at least once a week my laptop will crash saying NTFS.Sys or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR (0x0000007A) and then when the computer starts exactly 30 seconds once you get to the login screen the computer just hangs and doesnt do anything until you boot into safe mode schedule check disk and then let it run and reboot and your good for another week hopefully.

This time i was playing a game and the computer was mildy hot. Have any suggestions? I'll provide a dump file if i can.

irdmoose
06-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Those look like errors related to the hard disk, and you might have a dodgy disk. Have you ran a chkdisk? Do you happen to have a copy of SpinRite?

Brandan
06-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Thats what I thought

Yeah it fixes about 10000 times each time.

irdmoose
06-27-2011, 10:50 PM
If you're still under warranty your drive may be covered. However, if it's out of warranty I suggest you replace it ASAP so that it doesn't fail before you have a chance to get your data off of it. Also, make sure your backups are up to date. You may also want to give SpinRite a shot. I've used it to rescue quite a few drives either completely or enough to get the data off of them. It's $80, but it's totally worth it IMO.