PDA

View Full Version : G73SW Black Screen on Boot again, 3 weeks after RMA

BlackPatriot
01-05-2013, 06:34 PM
My G73SW had the whole Black screen on boot problem (system could boot, heard windows sound just no display) so since I was within warranty with ASUS, I decided to RMA (before RMA I tried methods posted on the forums to fix it myself, no fix). The service was great a week within them getting it I got an email that it was fixed. Picked it up and used it for about 3 weeks (will be 3 weeks tomorrow 1/6/2013), and boom black screen this morning same problem. The problem stated on the repair sheet for the first RMA was "System Unstable" (not sure what that means, could anyone explain?). Anyway, I tried the fixes posted here and no fix. Didn't seem like ASUS changed anything hardware related during the first RMA, seems like they just made a clean install of windows/drivers (that was a fix someone had posted on a forum, but did not know how to do it myself since there was no display). So, would it be worth it to RMA again? if the problem will most likely still exist after I RMA again. Any advice/help would be appreciated. Also while looking around the forums this problem is likely related to all ASUS G series notebooks even the newer ones.

dstrakele
01-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Did you come across this thread in your research: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11968-G73JH-Black-screen-(? If you connect your laptop to an external monitor or HDTV, does it display video on the external monitor while the laptop display is black?

Unfortunately, the prognosis for the "boot to black screen" issue is not good. It is most likely a hardware issue - poorly-connected or defective LVDS cable, defective laptop display, poorly-seated or defective VGA, or bad capacitors.

Probably the best you can do is request a 2nd RMA, PM the RMA information to cl-scott on this forum and request his assistance, and include the results of your external monitor test with the laptop (tape it to the bezel of the display) when you send it in.

Pitcher@asus
01-07-2013, 06:40 AM
you can try post to other monitor, if it can, i think you should send RMA again and tell them please help you to check LCD FPC connecter.