PDA

View Full Version : Asus Xonar U3 Great alternative for audio problems

boofsterb
01-06-2013, 03:38 AM
I recently purchased this device from geeks.com and couldn't be more pleased.
After reading all the post about bad audio drivers for VIA on G75VW, I can only
suggest this device for quality audio at an affordable price.

tkolarik
01-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Maybe Asus can send us all one, no charge, for our trouble and then we can move on. However, I already bought the Logitech H800 wireless, bluetooth or wifi headset.

boofsterb
01-06-2013, 06:32 AM
My point exactly. After all, these are laptops restricted to space. Can't expect the best of everything in such a small container.
There's always alternatives (mine just happened to be under $25).

As for Asus sending out free merchandise, that would have to be between you and Asus. All I can suggest is writing multiple letters of complaints and hopefully they'll feel jovial enough to respond with sincerity.

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-06-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm buying Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3D (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1071&products_id=19613) with the Omega Headset soon. The sound on G75VX is crap :(

boofsterb
01-06-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm buying Creative Sound Blaster Recon 3D (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1071&products_id=19613) with the Omega Headset soon. The sound on G75VX is crap :(

Those are awesome. I am officially jealous. :p

I currently use my xonar u3 with my Vulcan ANC Headset.

Silver-Eye
01-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey, actually waiting to receive my xonar U3 too, (tuesday is the delivery) to use with my Sennheiser 380 pro :p

boofsterb
01-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Hey, actually waiting to receive my xonar U3 too, (tuesday is the delivery) to use with my Sennheiser 380 pro :p

Totally worth it. I particularly like all the different audio settings that are offered in the audio center and the Soft rock EQ setting which is right in the area perfect for tweaking. I got mine from geeks.com for $24.99 after that I saw that they raised the price to $31.99.

Silver-Eye
01-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Totally worth it. I particularly like all the different audio settings that are offered in the audio center and the Soft rock EQ setting which is right in the area perfect for tweaking. I got mine from geeks.com for $24.99 after that I saw that they raised the price to $31.99.

After all reviews, it seams a good choice for the money, I bought it in a local shop for 35 euros (with delivery-around 42 dollars) and still cheaper than amazon uk or es..

looking forward to see the difference :D

iced23
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
I know the diference is really big if listen music through " Asus Xonar U3 " via headphones.

I just curious what about speakers ? The sound mutch better, or just minor improvement (bass, hights, mids...), how louder it is vs integrated sound card?

Please respond with more details, who already tested that bad guy ;)

Thank you a lot !

boofsterb
01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
I know the diference is really big if listen music through " Asus Xonar U3 " via headphones.

I just curious what about speakers ? The sound mutch better, or just minor improvement (bass, hights, mids...), how louder it is vs integrated sound card?

Please respond with more details, who already tested that bad guy ;)

Thank you a lot !

It is a better alternative to the onboard VIA sound driver basically because
you get more customization options. I use it with my headphones and I also
use it with my 2.1 speakers.

Pitcher@asus
01-07-2013, 07:27 AM
did you install newly driver for Asus Xonar U3 from ASUS support site by win 7?

boofsterb
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
did you install newly driver for Asus Xonar U3 from ASUS support site by win 7?

I'm using the windows 8 driver. I have a G75VW-DH73-3D.

Silver-Eye
01-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Boofsterb.. just got my Xonar, sounds nice, in My headphones its a blast, especially in games (witcher 2, what I'm playing now.. - the headphones start to tremble!!!)

But, whenever I disconnect the headphones, I have no sound from the speakers.. (I disabled VIA sound card so I would't have problems between both) do you have this problem?

I wonder what I'm doing wrong..

boofsterb
01-11-2013, 02:45 AM
Silver-Eye.. if you want to listen through the laptop speakers you'll still use the VIA drivers for laptop speakers.
If you have a speaker system that you plug into your laptop just plug into xonar. If you want to use xonar for laptop speakers I guess you would plug in audio cable to audio out (on xonar) and on the laptop do audio in.

Let me know if this helps.

Silver-Eye
01-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Silver-Eye.. if you want to listen through the laptop speakers you'll still use the VIA drivers for laptop speakers.
If you have a speaker system that you plug into your laptop just plug into xonar. If you want to use xonar for laptop speakers I guess you would plug in audio cable to audio out (on xonar) and on the laptop do audio in.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for the input! I was going crazy thinking "what's the problem in here?" ..
But what you said makes sense..

Cheers!!

boofsterb
01-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the input! I was going crazy thinking "what's the problem in here?" ..

Cheers!!

Cheers, Silver-Eye.
I just bought the Logitech Z623 THX certified 2.1 speakers.
Can't wait to use them with my Xonar.

FalloutBoy
01-14-2013, 09:49 PM
For anyone who might be interested I'm using a Sound blaster Extigy pro USB on my G75VX the difference is like night and day - I can actually hear left and right and even with my cr@ppy $6 headset the sound is good.

diogogmaio
03-04-2014, 12:57 PM

Cheers!!

How do you connect ASUS XONAR U3 to the laptop speakers??
It would be nice to now.
Thanks.