PDA

View Full Version : G75VX drivers for Windows 7

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Is it possible to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on this laptop? I have had it with Windows 8 and it's freezing(non responsive) bs.

If it is possible, in what order should I install the drivers?

Belenos
01-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I guess it's possible. Why shouldn't it?
On my G55 with preinstalled Win8 I've installed Win7 Ulitmate x64. Most drivers I took from the Win8 download section. They seem to me more actual than from Win7 section. Only the USB 3.0 driver I had to get from Win7 download section because there was no for Win8.
Normally I start with chipset drivers. After that audio, graphics and tools etc.

Marede
01-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes, it is possible. I did it successfully.
You can use most of the drivers from the ASUS-Driver-CD (with 'WIN7' in folder or file name) and you have to download the latest driver for USB 3.0 and the WLAN module -> you can look at *banned website* for these drivers.

StreetGT
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
when my comes from Warantly i will install Win7 too, Windowns 8 is nice for tables and SmartPhones, not for computers ^^

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes, it is possible. I did it successfully.
You can use most of the drivers from the ASUS-Driver-CD (with 'WIN7' in folder or file name) and you have to download the latest driver for USB 3.0 and the WLAN module -> you can look at *banned website* for these drivers.

I have VX, not VW. Also the cd says "Only supported by Windows 8". I really want to get rid of this Windows 8 asap.

pitha1337
01-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi, just browse trough the directories of the CD. Only the ASUS installation wizard doesn't work. Under "Software" is everything you need. Mostly all Win8 drivers on the cd are compatible to Windows7.

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Has anyone actually downgraded with their VX? I don't wanna end up screwing up my laptop and then sending it for repair.

DAN16M
01-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Has anyone actually downgraded with their VX? I don't wanna end up screwing up my laptop and then sending it for repair.

I've downgraded one of mine its a bit of a pain finding drivers and i still haven't found any for the network adaptor so no wifi with out an external adaptor. but other than that seams to run fine.

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-08-2013, 02:31 AM
I've downgraded one of mine its a bit of a pain finding drivers and i still haven't found any for the network adaptor so no wifi with out an external adaptor. but other than that seams to run fine.

That doesn't sound good. Well does anyone know how to fix the freezing/non responsiveness of Windows 8? It takes 7-10 seconds to open something and when I right click on any file it does the same thing.

DAN16M
01-08-2013, 04:09 AM
I would say the non responsiveness is more to do with the hdd , my next thing to do is to put a ssd in it

BuLaXa
01-08-2013, 05:33 AM

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Have a G75VX, came with windows 8, downgraded to windows 7 successfully. Got everything right BUT the network adapter driver, I also have no wifi... been looking for the right driver for about a week now... anyone know where to find the right driver??????

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-08-2013, 08:46 AM
I would say the non responsiveness is more to do with the hdd , my next thing to do is to put a ssd in it

It has 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. I don't think it's the SSD because I formatted and it was responding just fine. It started happening when I installed programs and windows updates.

DAN16M
01-09-2013, 01:01 AM
It has 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. I don't think it's the SSD because I formatted and it was responding just fine. It started happening when I installed programs and windows updates.

ah yeah i did hear about an windows update causing something like that i wonder if you could rollback the update

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-09-2013, 02:18 AM
ah yeah i did hear about an windows update causing something like that i wonder if you could rollback the update

It's really sad man. I wish I knew which one it was. I guess I'll wait until they fix it or someone here can help me out.

When I tried to record my screen with Camtasia Studio everything started responding 100%, no non responsiveness.

Pitcher@asus
01-09-2013, 06:51 AM
when you buy laptop already win 8 system? if not you also are able to use utility to back win7. http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=110&m=ASUS%20Recovery&os=36&ft=14&f_name=ASUSRecovery_Win8_64_Z103.zip#ASUSRecovery_ Win8_64_Z103.zip

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-09-2013, 03:16 PM
when you buy laptop already win 8 system? if not you also are able to use utility to back win7. http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=110&m=ASUS%20Recovery&os=36&ft=14&f_name=ASUSRecovery_Win8_64_Z103.zip#ASUSRecovery_ Win8_64_Z103.zip

Yep, it's preinstalled :(. I'm happy with Windows 8 but these freezes are so annoying.

rewben
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Yep, it's preinstalled :(. I'm happy with Windows 8 but these freezes are so annoying.

i usually have a brief freeze on boot after windows updates. however, everything is fine after that. i have a fresh install by the way (and it's an old model).

DirtyCodingHabitz
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
i usually have a brief freeze on boot after windows updates. however, everything is fine after that. i have a fresh install by the way (and it's an old model).

It's like a delay thing when I open programs or right click files. It doesn't respond for like 10 seconds and the SSD is on full load for those 10 seconds. This happens to a lot of people too.