PDA

View Full Version : Unknown bluetooth peripheral device

Belenos
01-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi,

a few weeks ago I boughta G55 and did a fresh Win7 installation on it. I've tried the latest Atheros drivers to get bluetooth running.
Now it's working somehow. My notebook can be recognized by my cell, but in the other direction my notebook can't find my cell by seaching for bluetooth devices.
In the device manager 3 unknown devices are listed: Bluetoot peripheral device
It took plenty of time in Google and I've already tried a lot of drivers, but I still haven't any solution.
Does anyone know something about that problem?

Best regards
Rayko

Pitcher@asus
01-08-2013, 03:34 AM
hi, did you try to install driver from ASUS support site? still can not used? you mean you are able to use a few days than it can not be using anymore and show unknow device in device manager? could you dismantle it to check device? if in warranty, i think you should send to ASUS service center to check it.

Belenos
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
I've tried the Asus bluetooth drivers (for Atheros) as well as more actual drivers from http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm
Both had the same effect.
Bluetooth works. But the unknown devices in device managers are a little bit annoying. And I have no idea why the bluetooth device search (in system panel) doesn't find my cell (sony xperia with activated bt). In reverse, my cell can find the laptop.
I don't know how to dismantle the device. And I it's still in warranty. But I doubt that the service center can help ;-}

mym1n10nz13
03-09-2013, 11:53 PM
im the proud owner of a G74Sx-ts71 and recently the bluetooth will do the exact same thing. when i try to connect anything bluetooth to my pc, it will not. i see Bluetooth Peripheral Device in unknown devices under DevMgr. how do i fix this? its annoying as i use my phone alot for music. what do i do?