PDA

View Full Version : G73jh Video Card replacement:

Mereinid
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Good afternoon, ladies and gents. I wanted to pick your minds a bit regarding the upgrades you have done to your G73. I have read through a larger portion of the forums here and over at notebookreview.com regarding this upgrade.

I know there are a couple iterations of the G73jh. I *think* mine is the initial release one the A-1 with the the AMD HD5870M. I cannot seem to narrow down the talk on whether my laptop is one that can be upgraded to a much larger monster than it currently is. This is the link in the ROG Asus forums that details my PC:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

If you gals/guys can give me directions on where to look or how to do this. I am fairly competent on rebuilding desktops and modding. I have changed memory, and my HDD on my laptop. I am not sure if the graphics card refit is beyond me or not. If it is, do you think you can recommend a site on doing the mod for me? Anyway, thanks for your time on this.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Mereinid
Courage is being scared to death… and saddling up anyway.
*John Wayne.*

xeromist
01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Your link is broken but where have you seen an indication of a JH that did NOT have a 5870? They had different displays, memory, etc. but I'm pretty sure all of the GPUs were the same.

Mereinid
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Hey Xero, I do have a 5870 in mine. The link is from here in the forums. Asus G73jh: Gaming just got serious.. I think Chastity put it up. I was asking if it was possible to change out the video card from what I currently have the 5870 to a later card. As per this thread over at notebookreviews.com
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/641007-g73jh-6970m-upgrade-infomation.html

xeromist
01-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes, that guide on NBR is for your machine. It ain't a drop in replacement so be prepared to do a little modding.

Mereinid
01-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Copy that, I will do what I have to do. I appreciate your time on this Xero.
Best wishes to you and yours.

Mereinid