PDA

View Full Version : G75 Keyboard cleaning - Help pls!

SirSpankAlot
01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Hi . i have some issues with some keys that work only when tapped pretty hard. Think i spilled some stff on them at 1 moment so i was curious how to clean the keyboard. I searched the forum and youtube and found nothin. hope i can get a decent guide. thanks.

Pitcher@asus
01-10-2013, 02:43 AM
i think use Compressed air would be better.

SirSpankAlot
01-10-2013, 06:44 AM
i think use Compressed air would be better.

well if its liquid like juice...and now its sticky or messed up the contact of the buttons then i dont think compressed air will help.

dlewbell
01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Here's a video of someone removing individual keys from a Macbook keyboard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89mXE7xx69k. I would expect it's a similar process for the keys on the G75VW, though no guarantee, as I haven't tried it myself. Be careful if you do, not sure how strong these little things are.

SirSpankAlot
01-16-2013, 05:08 PM
yeah i opened the keys..kinda same system.but..."U" key isnt working propperly..activation point is too low it seems...kinda anoying...any suggestions?

xeromist
01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Well, that gooey cyberclean stuff might get some of it but if it actually went under a key then I'm not sure it will help. You could try removing power & battery then using some electronics cleaner. Make sure to tap the sticky keys repeatedly until they free up and then let it dry before powering back on.

SirSpankAlot
01-16-2013, 09:43 PM
well its not really sticky..just need to press it harder..so it goes a bit deeper to activate...and its anoying when u write something . ill try finding some cleaner ..thogh dont think will solve it..key contact is pretty well protected in there. thanks m8..