PDA

View Full Version : Why my Wifi GN on Asus G74sx doesnt see the WIfi N connection ???

vbnrog
01-10-2013, 12:08 AM
hi every body

I have Asus g74sx since 1 year and so happy with that, fast smooth and robust.

I got a littele problem :

I am working in wifi engreening and i am good with Network (cisco, juniper , ....) , at my home i have 6 Wifi AP from 3 different provider (Belgacom "vdsl" , UPC TELENET "HFC" and 3-4G Sattelite), for all of them i installed a new router with dual-band (2.4 & 5 Ghz) always with diffrent SSID, eg ; Telenet-GNmixt & Telenet N(becuz only 5ghz) and same for other provider.

I have 5 laptop and 5 PC + 5 smartp & Tab, diffrent mark and diffrent config all of them are supporting Wifi N and all of them see 6 SSID diffrent even my hp 6930p from 2007 years can see the N AP, but This G74sx dosnt want to see THE N WIfi SSID , it see only the G AP,

I've tried evry thing specially pilote (http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=35777) from here but he wuldnt see the N AP, :mad:

D u Have Any idea why ?????

I think its only ABG wifi device and not N , so very bad for asus TO LIE

Any help is welcom

Thanks to answer.

Pitcher@asus
01-10-2013, 02:27 AM
could you make a sample environment to test?

vbnrog
01-10-2013, 02:30 AM
what d u mean with
could you make a sample environment to test?

dstrakele
01-10-2013, 04:33 AM
... at my home i have 6 Wifi AP from 3 different provider (Belgacom "vdsl" , UPC TELENET "HFC" and 3-4G Sattelite), for all of them i installed a new router with dual-band (2.4 & 5 Ghz) always with diffrent SSID, eg ; Telenet-GNmixt & Telenet N(becuz only 5ghz) and same for other provider.

I have 5 laptop and 5 PC + 5 smartp & Tab...

Hi @vbnrog - Jeez! I bet when you have a party at your place, the guests have nowhere to set their drinks or snacks without knocking a smartphone, laptop, tablet, or router on the floor...

ASUS didn't lie. The Atheros or Intel WiFi cards that ship with the G74SX will indeed connect to N protocol WiFi access points, but only on the 2.4 GHz band. They will not see 5 GHz networks.

I'm thinking it's most likely you have the Atheros WiFi card (Best Buy versions have the Intel +WiMax cards). If this is correct, make sure your Atheros WiFi driver version is 9.2.1.432 or later (earlier versions have bad DPC Latency that causes various performance issues). Use WPA2-Personal Security with AES Encryption. I believe you can also configure the Atheros Wireless Network Adapter in Device Manager "Properties" to "Use. N Only".