PDA

View Full Version : Help with a few Windows 8 questions

kulch
01-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Hey guys.

I'm just curious if my G73SW will be able to run windows 8. I would like to make a iso of my windows 7 just in case i dont want windows 8.

My question
The asus website does not have windows 8 drivers for my laptop. If i buy the online windows 8 for 40 bucks and do the install. Will my computer run properly? Will i be missing drivers that make my computer unable to operate. Or will everything go smooth and the computer will run fine?
Will I even need new drivers?

Thanks
Daniel

Myk SilentShadow
01-11-2013, 01:08 AM
As long as the hardware meets the minimum specs, then yes your 73SW will run Windows 8. As for the drivers, just use the Win7 ones :)

zsld0423
01-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Your computer should be able to run Win8 just fine, and yeah just install the Win7 drivers, shouldn't have much of an issue. The only one that *Might* give you problems is the Touchpad driver. I have a workaround for mine on the G74, and I bet it'll work for you as well. Here's my thread with some installation help for Win8

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23359-Finally-took-the-Win8-plunge..

Pitcher@asus
01-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Yes, you can upgrade to Win8 system, but driver ASUS have not provide, you are able to try use Win 7 or search from chipset vander, but ASUS is not promise it is able to use normal.