PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Hard Drive from Toshiba NB305 to Asus T101MT (physical transfer)

ellevehc
01-11-2013, 04:36 AM
Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Eee Pc T101MT. I will be using it for school and plan on taking full advantage of the writing through Onenote software from Microsoft. I am running into a few problems though getting everything setup. Here is where I currently stand.

I have a Toshiba NB305 which had a Crucial SSD drive with all of my information. Several minutes ago, I placed the Crucial drive into the Asus. The drive that came with the Asus had the starter Windows 7. It has yet to be configured as I never started it up. I also added a 1gb ram chip. I then started up the Asus and pressed F2 which said something about automatically configuring the BIOS. Afterwards it fired right up and took me right to my home screen. Which is where I ran into my first problem.

Problem 1:

The resolution on my Toshiba was much greater. Currently the Asus is running at 800x600. I believe my Toshiba, after an Intel update, ran 16xx and I unfortunately forgot to check what the resolution was exactly. Also both of these monitors are 10.1". 800x600 is just not going to cut it.

Problem 2:

The "express gate: boot up in seconds 1 sec switching to touch mode 3 secs rotating display" button on the monitor does not seem to be working. I take it that is a lack of proper software. How should I go about fixing this?

Question:

If you were in my position, what would you do to get the Asus to perform in the best way? What updating software would you download? What driver update software would you download? What all in general would you do? How would you calibrate the pen?

All in all I typed this out on the Asus and I am very pleased with it so far.

EDIT: I fixed the resolution problem. In regedit search: Display1_DownscalingSupported and modify it from 0 to 1. There may be several that need modifying.

Pitcher@asus
01-11-2013, 06:04 AM
hi, you mean you take Toshiba HDD put to ASUS EeePc? if correct, you would be reinstalling OS than install all drivers and utilities from driver CD or ASUS support website. you may can be use AI recover utility to record your HDD.

Zygomorphic
01-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Run Windows update and make sure you get all the drivers installed. It is possible that you don't have the right video driver for the ASUS. The NB305 has a 1024x600 display, so the number of vertical pixels is right. Uninstall any Toshiba-related stuff, most importantly, all drivers.