PDA

View Full Version : Can't boot to recovery partition after HD problem (g53SX)

DeBoX
01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi

Had a major issue with my HD, it got a few bad blocks. Got that sorted out , but now I can't boot to the recovery partition. F9 just reboots the laptop.

I don't have recovery DVD's .

The partition is still there and the bad blocks were primarily found around the C: partitions. I can see the recovery partition in disk manager but don't know what l can do to make it bootable ( I had to reformat the c partition so I don't have any ASUS apps/software etc)

While we are on the subject, is there any place l can find all the drivers and applications for the g53SX ? In case l'm unable to fix the recovery partition....

Thanks in advance

DeBoX

Godaemon
01-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Well it seems you should forget the recovery partition (at least for now).

To be honest i was never a fan of it.
I deleted it the same moment i started using my laptop.

Use a Win7 DVD and grab all the necessary drivers from ASUS
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G53SX/#download.

In case you have valuable data that you cannot access, create another partition and install Windows there.
After windows installation you will be able to access your file using the new OS.

You can now format the old partition too and use it as storage in case windows fail again in the future.
Thats a good solution when you have one HDD.

You can also use recovery points or use 3rd party software like Acronis to create system images and be safe in case of an emergency.

DeBoX
01-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Suggestions on best ways to setup a recovery image or partition. Tutorials etc?

Been researching a bit, but tons of different ways and suggestions...

Thanks in advance!

Pitcher@asus
01-15-2013, 06:02 AM
you can buy ASUS recover CD or delete all partition and download all drivers and utility form ASUS website than make recover CD.

DeBoX
01-15-2013, 08:09 AM
So the CD/DVD won't contain anything special with regards to software or drivers. As in stuff that i can download from ASUS pages?

btw thanks for the reply