PDA

View Full Version : G53SX-A1-CBIL Questions, if it exists...

orangetang
06-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I've been deciding on a new laptop for the past couple of days, and believe this is the machine that I want, however there doesn't appear to be stock anywhere.

1. Is it discontinued?

2. Does it support two hard drives, as the others do? I plan on using my SSD for the OS drive.

3. Having 'A1' in it's model number, does it come with a back pack and mouse, or anything?

4. Is there a current model that you would recommend over this one? I'm fairly certain I want a 2nd gen i7 (sandy bridge), paired with a minimum of a GTX460M.

My second choice is the MSI GT683, but it's a few hundred dollars more for essentially the same hardware, and I'm not a fan of the styling.

I tried multiple searches on this forum for 'G53SX' and similar, with no results.

irdmoose
06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
What sellers are you trying to get it from. The G53SX-A1 may be a special model for that vendor or a group of vendors in a given territory. You wouldn't happen to be buying this in Canada would you?

orangetang
06-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I'm in Canada, trying to order from Canada.

I've looked at stock on pretty much every google listing when I search for that model including, anitec, ncix, pccanada, sonexpc, and a handfull of others. All of them list it, with a price lower than many of the equal to or lesser than G53 laptops, but none have stock, or list backordered.

xeromist
06-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Perhaps someone from ASUS might have that info but you might be to contact one of the vendors as well. Often they know if an item is completely discontinued or if they've been promised a future shipment.