PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen and graphics card is undetected

wndyd
01-14-2013, 03:23 AM
I 've been getting the common problem where the laptop display is just black when booting (no windows or even the bios). I've solved this problem the other day by taking the battery out and holding down the power button around 20 seconds then turning the pc on again. However, this time (today) the same method did not work. This black screen problem only happand 2-3 time, only happens when taking the laptop out and into my bag to take it to places.

So I've decided to plug in the HDMI cord to a monitor and it worked fine (laptop screen was still black), however, when I tried the play a game it said, "The current video card is unsupported." So I went to see everything was working by looking into the Performance and Information tools and it turns out that the video card is some how inactive. The score was rating the default motherboard video card, giving it a rating of 1 in "Graphics" and "Gaming Graphics".

Any tips? I am currently very low on money so getting it repaired at a store is out of the option at the moment.

Pitcher@asus
01-14-2013, 04:47 AM
please send back to ASUS service center to check, is it LCD FPC not connected problem or what the problem is.

dstrakele
01-14-2013, 05:28 AM
I think there was a problem when updating the graphics card, a certain file could not be installed and I simply skipped it.

Try booting into Windows Safe Mode to reinstall the NVIDIA driver using a 'clean' NVIDIA install (launch the NVIDIA installer, choose "Custom Instal" and check the "Clean Installation" checkbox). If this should fail, I'd try a clean Windows install and try again to successfully install the NVIDIA driver.