PDA

View Full Version : G75 CD/DVD-RW Drive issue

xanzion
01-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Hey guys, I have the BBK5 model of the G75. This morning, I went to go burn a CD and the disc drive spins up, but it sounds like the laser is having issues reading the burning disc. So, I took the disc out and tried a normal audio CD, then a movie DVD. Still making the same sounds. Drive spins up, but the laser clicks like it is trying to read it.

After cleaning the laser with the usual methods found using Google, I decided to drop $20 on a drive cleaning kit. The laser still sounds like it is trying to read something, but is not able too. Then I uninstalled the CD/DVD Rom drivers, cleared the registry of the CD drive all together, re-installed the drivers. Windows can see the drive and that it is attempting to read a disc when I insert one, but the drive still won't read discs.

Has anyone else had this issue before? I am just curious if there is another fix before I take the laptop to BestBuy and take advantage of my extended warranty.

Thanks! :)

tkolarik
01-15-2013, 04:36 AM
My first Best Buy G75 had a bad eject button, couldn't open it except for the "eject" link in My Computer. But other than that it worked fine.

Pitcher@asus
01-15-2013, 06:57 AM
did it happen before? if in warranty i sugesst you send back to ASUS service center to change new one, if out warranty, you also can send back to ASUS or buy new one and change by youself, if you have do the clean DVD, but not help, i think it would be HW problem.