PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about G75VW

KSD2004
01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Hi I'm new to this I never sign up before. I was wonder I just got me a laptop the first time at BestBuy. I have model number is Model: G75VW-BHI7N07 It should show it on bestbuy website. Okay my real question is I never use asus before I have dell on my own it a desktop so is there anyway I can check find info on my laptop to see what version that I have that way I needed to download from asus website. I have window 8 I never use it before. I did saw asus website about take it part but first off I don't want do that anyway. I hope I find useful Info from Asus members on here that help to solve it. P.S I did saw a bad review on bestbuy some that I read that people have issue with asus laptop I hope I don't have problem with my new laptop should I worry about it?

Quasimodem
01-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Regardless of the Vendor version such as BBK5, DS71, DS72, DS73-3D, etc, the drivers will all be the same:

G75 Drivers (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388)

Different vendors sell different configurations, so the ending part of your model number, is an indicator of that. I haven't seen that on Best Buy's site either, only BBK5, or DS71, DS72, and DS73-3D

Clintlgm
01-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Well here is a good place to start reading http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?149-G75-G55-amp-G46-IMPORTANT-amp-USEFUL-THREADS. The first thing you shoud do it test out your NB and insure everything is working correctly. Check everything test everything. If you have any problems you need to find them right away before your return to vender time expires.

KSD2004
01-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Regardless of the Vendor version such as BBK5, DS71, DS72, DS73-3D, etc, the drivers will all be the same:

G75 Drivers (http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G75VW&p=3&s=388)

Different vendors sell different configurations, so the ending part of your model number, is an indicator of that. I haven't seen that on Best Buy's site either, only BBK5, or DS71, DS72, and DS73-3D

I understand it should be on bestbuy ill post a link for ya, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=6769449&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&ref=81&loc=100

Also how I find what version my bio, touch pad, etc on my laptop before I download it to update it? That way I keep my system updated.

rewben
01-16-2013, 01:51 AM
1. bios - go into bios, the first page; system info also has it; hwinfo64 also can see that.
2. drivers - control panel > programs and features; check the version column.

KSD2004
01-16-2013, 02:26 AM
1. bios - go into bios, the first page; system info also has it; hwinfo64 also can see that.
2. drivers - control panel > programs and features; check the version column.

Thanks I found it also my bio Verison is way old it said 218 by the way how come you guys download to flash drive instead download it to laptop itself?

Clintlgm
01-16-2013, 04:53 AM
The reason is because we update the bios from the easyflash in the bios, we do not use the windows version. In fact most of us have uninstalled ASUS Update all together. When you in your bios there is a tab for accomplishing this. I would be cautious about update your bios unless you have a problem that an update will solve.. there have been a few Bricked NB updating bios's. I'm still on 210 and have no issues

Pitcher@asus
01-16-2013, 06:00 AM
you can download BIOS,drivers,utilities at ASUS support site, you can use the ezflash in the BIOS (USB -> FAT32) to download BIOS, Winflash -> bundle or download at support site utilities.

KSD2004
01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
The reason is because we update the bios from the easyflash in the bios, we do not use the windows version. In fact most of us have uninstalled ASUS Update all together. When you in your bios there is a tab for accomplishing this. I would be cautious about update your bios unless you have a problem that an update will solve.. there have been a few Bricked NB updating bios's. I'm still on 210 and have no issues

Alright I wasn't sure thanks :-) it kinda hard to say I do notice my window been little odd as you see once I click on window update it take a while to pull up then i click window update again should change different page order for me to click check update on window all it did just frozen didn't change won't let me press X an nothing I just leave it alone since it stuck on my screen I repeated going to control panel by going to window update again it works but not the first one. it just stuck on my screen I did click others it works fine I wasn't sure it was related to BIO or it window 8 issue. I do know that my Hard drive is slow but how much does geek squad charge to switch hard drive to better one? I do not know how to do that I just afraid to mess it up if I don't do it right way, so would HDD help?

KSD2004
01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
you can download BIOS,drivers,utilities at ASUS support site, you can use the ezflash in the BIOS (USB -> FAT32) to download BIOS, Winflash -> bundle or download at support site utilities.

Alright is there a way walk through to follow how to download it by step? I can't use YouTube I'm born deaf it be helpful find info about this thanks. YouTube mostly talking people don't really show it up close to the screen pretty much how it does.

Clintlgm
01-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Sounds like you might need to have the geek squad check your NB out. If I understand you correctly it sounds like your having a Windows issue, not a bios issue. You should be in store warranty period??