PDA

View Full Version : G73jw and multiple displays

brettt777
01-17-2013, 03:02 AM
I have been running a Samsung HD monitor out of my HDMI port on my G73 for a while now and the other day I got to wondering if it could be set up for multiple monitors. I know it can have both the LCD screen and the monitor on but they are just duplicate displays. Can it be set up so that the monitors are not the same, i.e. a different view on each monitor say, in a flight simulator or something like that?

Pitcher@asus
01-17-2013, 03:20 AM
you can try connect to HDMI, VGA port same time and press function key to switch.

ITrucker
01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
I use the VGA port with an on monitor and its often on when I play a game. So on the main screen I run the game and on the secondary screen I run a youtube video. But most games do not allow you to control anything on the secondary screen, unless its used by the game... like Flight simulator... or some racing games...

Zygomorphic
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
@ITrucker, that is due to the game locking up control of the user input devices.

@brettt777, right-click on the desktop and select "Properties" Click on "displays" on the left-hand column, and from the middle drop-down box, select "extend my desktop across these monitors" Click "Apply" :)

brettt777
01-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Yup, Zygo, that worked great. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. Now if I could just figure out how to get the HD audio to work through the HDMI cable into the monitor...

Zygomorphic
01-18-2013, 02:21 AM
Yup, Zygo, that worked great. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. Now if I could just figure out how to get the HD audio to work through the HDMI cable into the monitor...

Check the settings in the nVidia control panel or the Windows control panel under sound. Choose the audio adapter to be nVidia HDMI audio or something like that.