PDA

View Full Version : Roxio Cineplayer BD - update???

Symho
01-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi, Rogs

I open this thread because I have a problem with ROXIO Cineplayer BD software. Use this program to watch movies on Bluray but not being this the most upgradeable, for an unknown reason I can't play the latest titles. I asked ASUS help Italy and they claim that if I want to watch movies on bluray I have to buy a special software as my preloaded cannot PLAY BLURAY! RIDICULOUS!!! I beg for help to you and Marshall first moderation! Thank you!

Marshall HELP!!! I can send you in PM the entire email that i have recived by ASUS Italy! :D

Symho
01-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi, Rogs

I open this thread because I have a problem with ROXIO Cineplayer BD software. Use this program to watch movies on Bluray but not being this the most upgradeable, for an unknown reason I can't play the latest titles. I asked ASUS help Italy and they claim that if I want to watch movies on bluray I have to buy a special software as my preloaded cannot PLAY BLURAY! RIDICULOUS!!! I beg for help to you and Marshall first moderation! Thank you!

Marshall HELP!!! I can send you in PM the entire email that i have recived by ASUS Italy! :D

Thanks, ASUS!

Thanks, Marshall!

Thanks, to all!

Symho
01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks, ASUS!

Thanks, Marshall!

Thanks, to all!

The software is this:

So Bye! And thanks!

_
01-22-2013, 08:04 PM
What is the error exactly? Refuses to play? Black screen? Popup message?

Did you try more than 1 BD? Did you try reinstalling the software if you have the original install file?

"Unknown reason" I cannot help with sorry.

Symho
01-22-2013, 08:35 PM
What is the error exactly? Refuses to play? Black screen? Popup message?

Did you try more than 1 BD? Did you try reinstalling the software if you have the original install file?

"Unknown reason" I cannot help with sorry.

My problem is this:

dstrakele
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
As I understand it, one of the ways content providers make money off of DVD's (or safeguard their revenue stream) is to develop new Digital Rights Management copy protection schemes for new movie releases. The player app developers must then pay for a license to the new DRM and incorporate it as an update to their player. Roxio may not be updating the OEM version of their player, so they can sell you the full-featured 'update' to recover some of their cost.

This is pure speculation on my part, but have you contacted Roxio about the issue?

Have you tried using AnyDVD to work around your problem?

Symho
01-22-2013, 10:12 PM
I use the software Cineplayer BD for the Bluray first of all! The ROXIO doesn't update his software on web but is it ridiculous that the ASUS staff write a lie! The problem appear only with last bluray films! ASUS Italy tell me that Cineplayer can't play Bluray!!! Ah, I confirmed they are ridiculous!

Symho
01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
I use the software Cineplayer BD for the Bluray first of all! The ROXIO doesn't update his software on web but is it ridiculous that the ASUS staff write a lie! The problem appear only with last bluray films! ASUS Italy tell me that Cineplayer can't play Bluray!!! Ah, I confirmed they are ridiculous!

From ROXIO website:

"If the software was bundled with the CD burner or with your PC, you will need to contact the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of the equipment and it will provide the necessary assistance for the basic version of Roxio software."

Now I'll wait for an answer from ASUS!!! :mad:

Symho
01-22-2013, 10:17 PM

From ROXIO website:

"If the software was bundled with the CD burner or with your PC, you will need to contact the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of the equipment and it will provide the necessary assistance for the basic version of Roxio software."

Now I'll wait for an answer from ASUS!!! :mad:

http://www.roxio.com/ita/company/contact.html

dstrakele
01-22-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/cineplayer/software_updates.html offers a GDIPlus.DLL file update for CinePlayer versions 1.5 to 2..1 to plug a Security exploit . I couldn't determine the version of your CinePlayer BD from the screenshot. Could this be the update your message refers to?

EDIT: Nope - the G74SX ships with version 5.8. Oh well!

Symho
01-22-2013, 10:46 PM
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/cineplayer/software_updates.html offers a GDIPlus.DLL file update for CinePlayer versions 1.5 to 2..1 to plug a Security exploit . I couldn't determine the version of your CinePlayer BD from the screenshot. Could this be the update your message refers to?

EDIT: Nope - the G74SX ships with version 5.8. Oh well!

However thanks for your support!

dstrakele
01-23-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm still thinking you should go to http://www.slysoft.com/it/anydvdhd.html and read about, then download the 21 day trial of AnyDVD HD, so you could watch your Blu-Ray movies while you wait.

Symho
01-24-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm still thinking you should go to http://www.slysoft.com/it/anydvdhd.html and read about, then download the 21 day trial of AnyDVD HD, so you could watch your Blu-Ray movies while you wait.

I have done! Thanks, but I would solve my problem! I hope so!

Symho
01-27-2013, 02:41 PM
I have done! Thanks, but I would solve my problem! I hope so!

I'm still waiting for an answer, dear asus! Or it is better not replay??? Thanks.

PILGRIM
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm still waiting for an answer, dear asus! Or it is better not replay??? Thanks.

Symho, with your 138 posts (meaning you've been in this Forums long enough), you should have known
by now that ASUS is "tone-deaf" to issues like yours- much more if it's related to a second (or third party software
such as the Roxio CinePlayer).. If they can't fix their own software pronto! (e.g. ASUS Live Update),
then how would you expect them to answer to you fast (as you want them to)?.. :)

Don't get me wrong. I'm also using Roxio CinePlayer 5.8 up until now. But the BluRay and 3D DVDs I'm buying
and playing (here in China) are working fine on my G74.. Is it because of our different locations?.. :confused:

Symho
01-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Symho, with your 138 posts (meaning you've been in this Forums long enough), you should have known
by now that ASUS is "tone-deaf" to issues like yours- much more if it's related to a second (or third party software
such as the Roxio CinePlayer).. If they can't fix their own software pronto! (e.g. ASUS Live Update),
then how would you expect them to answer to you fast (as you want them to)?.. :)

Don't get me wrong. I'm also using Roxio CinePlayer 5.8 up until now. But the BluRay and 3D DVDs I'm buying
and playing (here in China) are working fine on my G74.. Is it because of our different locations?.. :confused:

No problem PILGRIM! ;)

I have the problem with only recently Bluray, maybe the OEM software (Cineplayer) it is not update. However I'm in Rome (Italy) and perhaps the region influence this issue too. I don't have intection to surreder, i want respect how consumer, my euros are all regular, so the note it has been regular! Also the assistance in Italy tell me that the Cineplayer it isn't a BD player!!! I want the true not the lies!!! Maybe this is a smaller proble for asus but I believe that their 33% of sell business, in Europe, decreace soon! Simply I will not buy another asus because they are not professional! Sorry for my poor english!

dstrakele
01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Just go over to @PILGRIM's house to watch your Blu-Rays.

Symho
01-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Just go over to @PIGRIM's house to watch your Blu-Rays.

Good idea! :)

MrRuckus
01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
The Bluray player included with it I bet plays older BR movies so its not fair to way it doesnt play BR period. It just wont play newer blurays.

Blurays are a different breed then say DVD. They require constant updates to the players software since they come out with more and more interactive content (I hear some even have mini games? crazy). This is somewhat different then a DVD. I think the new BR DRM also plays a role like others have stated.

I think what Asus was getting at is they include a basic Bluray player. They may have meant it wont play new BR, but will play older? If you would like a BR player you can update, you may have to pay for it. :/ Same thing if you were to buy a Bluray player for your PC. I bet it comes with software, but wont include updates for life unfortunately.

Symho
01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
The Bluray player included with it I bet plays older BR movies so its not fair to way it doesnt play BR period. It just wont play newer blurays.

Blurays are a different breed then say DVD. They require constant updates to the players software since they come out with more and more interactive content (I hear some even have mini games? crazy). This is somewhat different then a DVD. I think the new BR DRM also plays a role like others have stated.

I think what Asus was getting at is they include a basic Bluray player. They may have meant it wont play new BR, but will play older? If you would like a BR player you can update, you may have to pay for it. :/ Same thing if you were to buy a Bluray player for your PC. I bet it comes with software, but wont include updates for life unfortunately.

Maybe you don't know what its mean "OEM"! Also why asus dont give me an answer to my question? I must be thinking of a hypothesis or what???

I have a SONY Vaio bought in the 2009, here I have Corel WinDVD and SURPRISE all my BD can be played!

Symho
02-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Maybe you don't know what its mean "OEM"! Also why asus dont give me an answer to my question? I must be thinking of a hypothesis or what???

I have a SONY Vaio bought in the 2009, here I have Corel WinDVD and SURPRISE all my BD can be played!

I have received an update for the keys of Bluray discs on my VAIO by SONY, so upgrading the software Corel WinDVD "OEM"!!! Why asus doesn't update Cineplayer software??? "OEM"!!!! :confused:

billyray520
02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
That's nothing new. It's like shareware or trial ware. If you like it you're supposed to buy the upgrade. So it's like a temporary free gift from Asus. My G73jh had Blue-ray software too, but after it was 2 yrs. old (I think) it stopped playing any of the new Blue-rays unless I paid for an upgrade. It still plays the old Blue-ray titles it used to though. So I can still watch Avatar, but not Avengers in Blue-ray on the G-73. (Actually I bought the upgrade, so I can play new stuff too now.) :p

Symho
02-12-2013, 10:16 PM
That's nothing new. It's like shareware or trial ware. If you like it you're supposed to buy the upgrade. So it's like a temporary free gift from Asus. My G73jh had Blue-ray software too, but after it was 2 yrs. old (I think) it stopped playing any of the new Blue-rays unless I paid for an upgrade. It still plays the old Blue-ray titles it used to though. So I can still watch Avatar, but not Avengers in Blue-ray on the G-73. (Actually I bought the upgrade, so I can play new stuff too now.) :p

But I dontt have boughtt Corel Windvd it was included inn the VAIO!

dstrakele
02-12-2013, 11:52 PM
With Sony Pictures being a major content provider of Blu-Ray movie titles, Sony may have more of a vested interest in keeping Blu-Ray discs running smoothly on their laptops. They can also wrangle a better deal with player application developers to include WinDVD WITH updates as OEM software on the VAIO laptops.

Symho
04-06-2013, 04:28 PM
With Sony Pictures being a major content provider of Blu-Ray movie titles, Sony may have more of a vested interest in keeping Blu-Ray discs running smoothly on their laptops. They can also wrangle a better deal with player application developers to include WinDVD WITH updates as OEM software on the VAIO laptops.

Sorry, I'm late! Well, an OEM software is it a part of notebook, so they must upgrade! ASUS if continue in this way will go down soon!

MrRuckus
04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Sorry, I'm late! Well, an OEM software is it a part of notebook, so they must upgrade! ASUS if continue in this way will go down soon!

Honestly, with the amount of bickering you have been doing on this issue, I would think your time would be more valuable and just move on. Asus doesn't include a retail copy or an OEM upgradeable copy of Blu-Ray software with the laptop. Im sorry to say no amount of bickering is going to change this.

If you put that big of an emphasis on it and require it, I would suggest you look at buying a entertainment oriented laptop next time around instead of buying a gaming oriented laptop. While it can play Bluray, thats not its main objective. Its a gaming device first, entertainment device second. I doubt your Vaio games as well as your laptop. There's a different audience Asus is shooting for with the G Series laptops.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. I can promise you I have been building PC's of my own for sometime. I just happened to buy this G Series laptop because I am the target audience of this awesome laptop. This is my 3rd ROG laptop.

Symho
04-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Honestly, with the amount of bickering you have been doing on this issue, I would think your time would be more valuable and just move on. Asus doesn't include a retail copy or an OEM upgradeable copy of Blu-Ray software with the laptop. Im sorry to say no amount of bickering is going to change this.

If you put that big of an emphasis on it and require it, I would suggest you look at buying a entertainment oriented laptop next time around instead of buying a gaming oriented laptop. While it can play Bluray, thats not its main objective. Its a gaming device first, entertainment device second. I doubt your Vaio games as well as your laptop. There's a different audience Asus is shooting for with the G Series laptops.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer. I can promise you I have been building PC's of my own for sometime. I just happened to buy this G Series laptop because I am the target audience of this awesome laptop. This is my 3rd ROG laptop.

Well, ASUS does not know the meaning of the word "customer sadisfaction"!

What you paid for your bluray player?

The PC is not a specialized machine, such as a Home Theatre player or gaming console! The G series is from gaming just because it has a 560 m GTX. My VAIO if he would be more gaming of G74, did you see the values of the chipset? 1066 MHz, 1333 MHz vs! Finally the letters OEM refers not only to the hardware but also software, OS! ASUS is in error, as in this situation even in situations where users need to write on this forum to find on their own solutions to hardware defects, vibration, low-quality keyboard, the screen flickers, etc. .. You are an assembler, today even a child is an assembler! Do you know the difference between a magnesium case and one in plastic? Read well on the forum is there to put your hands between your hair!

benitoobe
07-18-2013, 06:09 PM
hello everybody.

did anyone find a solution to update roxio cineplayer bd ?

i bought prometheus 3d bd a few months ago and it is the first bd i cannot read with roxio's software.

apparently the software is still not updatable. can anybody confirm this ? do i have to buy another software to read this bd ?

thanks for help

Symho
07-18-2013, 06:40 PM
hello everybody.

did anyone find a solution to update roxio cineplayer bd ?

i bought prometheus 3d bd a few months ago and it is the first bd i cannot read with roxio's software.

apparently the software is still not updatable. can anybody confirm this ? do i have to buy another software to read this bd ?

thanks for help

I had the same problem, but ASUS tell me that i must buy a new software! :) Great ASUS! :) With my Sony Vaio i watch Promotheus all times I want...!

benitoobe
07-19-2013, 07:01 PM
ok... so i'll buy a sony vaio ! ;-)

thanks for your quick answer Symho

Mopard
04-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Well I can't seem to play quite a few different DVDs or BDs with this Roxio Cineplayer (I have the exact same version as Symho on my unit) so started searching for an update and ended up here. I've had pretty good luck with this Asus laptop but I will say Asus has VERY poor support compared to any other brand I've owned. Very disappointed but what can you do besides spend your money elsewhere ...