PDA

View Full Version : G75VX - GTX670mx 310.90 CRASH on Youtube and Windows Performances

Uncle Benz
01-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Hi there,
Posting here because I'm having a few problems with my asus G75VX, for an example, when I'm trying to go on youtube and watch a video, when the video starts the nvidia driver is crashing ( see here for an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zit8tUJpVGI ) and I get the same thing doing the windows computer performances test. I got the same issue with the drivers 306, 307.07 and 310.90, exact same things.

Running Windows 8 x64, I just updated every single drivers I found on official asus website (note that I installed 310.90 using that disable window check method) everrything is updated as recent as possible, was doing the same on my first startup, I then installed Windows 8 on an SSD (128gb ssd + 750hdd) and I get the same problems.

Please can someone confirm me that's not an hardware problem, I would be pissed shipping them back the laptop, and since I bought it with no guarantees if there would be a harddrive problem I should send it before the end of the month.

Anyone meeting the same problem?

boofsterb
01-20-2013, 05:45 PM
that's weird. Need more info like are you on latest bios and did you uninstall NVidia completely and reinstall NVidia selecting clean install?

Could also be flash player....I would uninstall and reinstall that too

boofsterb
01-20-2013, 05:48 PM
I was watching your video again...try it with your web browser not in fullscreen.

Uncle Benz
01-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Running on the last BIOS (205 I guess), yeah I uninstalled nvidia drivers first and installed 310.90 with advanced and new installation. I forgot to add that on the video I did fullscreened it but it does the same even if I do not.
I'm a bit stuck at the moment...

boofsterb
01-20-2013, 06:12 PM
try different web browser could be flash player itself

Uncle Benz
01-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately I did try IExplorer but same issue.. I get the same problem opening video samples in C:/Windows/Performances/Winsat

Dreamonic
01-20-2013, 06:28 PM
It could be to do with the switchable graphics malfunctioning under Windows 8 (drivers.)

Can you confirm whether or not your games work? Or is it the same thing happening? That would indicate a codec/plugin problem if games worked, but not videos. I have found certain .NET framework builds actually cause the display driver to crash in startup game intros.

Did you tweak your NVIDIA panel settings or do you leave everything default?

It could be Windows 8 and the 670MX not communicating (driver support) well right now. You could try Windows 7 and see if it does the same thing or possibly wait for a fix.

I'm sure more people will chime in with similar setups.

Uncle Benz
01-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Well I didn't tried any games yet, only thing I tried is a 3D MARK trial which is blocked to 720p only, running it smoothly. I'm installing GTA 4 at the moment to give it a try. I didn't touched anything from the Nvidia panel.

Dreamonic
01-20-2013, 06:48 PM

Are you running on battery most of the time?

Because if you are, Optimus would be swiching adapters and that could be the problem under Windows 8.
But if you are plugged in the entire time, it could depend on your power profile settings.

Uncle Benz
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
No, I received it friday and it's plugged almost all of the time.

Dreamonic
01-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Okay, that's another to cross off the list.

What ASUS software have you installed? What version is your flash player and do you have any video players like KM or MPC, VLC installed?

If 3DMARK runs smoothly and it's just videos that are crashing your display adapter, more likely it's something to do with what is mentioned above.

You could try disabling "Hardware Acceleration" by right clicking on the video -> Settings (flash player based.)

Uncle Benz
01-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Asus InstantOn, Lifeframe3, Live update, power4gear hybrid, product demo movie, charger plus, virtual camera, asus dvd, ATK package, intel drivers, realtek sound drivers, synaptics pointing.. I reinstalled some of them to the new one availables on asus website, Flash player is version 11, 11.5.502.146 and I didn't installed any video players.
I'm going to get the GTA4 installation done and I will post here if it works good or not;
What do you mean by switchable graphics? do you think it comes from windows?

Dreamonic
01-20-2013, 07:12 PM
I would recommend removing Live Update. It has been known that some updates cause more problems than they fix. It's better to do this part manually based on the generating feedback for them, like you are doing now.

The VX models support Optimus which in the VW was not present (ASUS decision.) Optimus is NVIDIA's way to automatically increase (control) battery/performance based on the users workload. I haven't read from many VX owners about it's overall stability yet.

Edit: There is no Optimus. My apologies for the misinformation.

gokica
01-20-2013, 07:14 PM
There is no optimus on G75VX.

Dreamonic
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Noted gokica. All this time I thought it did.

Uncle Benz
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
I just installed and played GTA 4 1920x1080 with full settings plus iCEnhancer and it works like a charm.

maoli
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Most likely a Flash issue and like Dreamonic said you should disable hardware acceleration. I know it's only a workaround, but it's also your only option since it could months before Adobe get around to fixing this. Try Adobe forums to see if there has been any similar bug reports...

One thing you could try is uninstalling Flash. Use Adobe link:
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html
And then do a clean install.