PDA

View Full Version : G74 Wlan,internal Mic and Webcam don't work

Flash2over
01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Hello ROG Community,

Since a few Days i got the problem that my WLAN doesn't work. The Controller isn't displayed in the device Manager. Even the WLAN toggle Hotkeys don't display anything (FN+F2). But the other FN Buttons work.

I've reinstalled the driver but with the Result: No Device detected. Even via Ubuntu Live CD the WLAN isn't shown.
My second Problem is that the internal Mic doesn't work even. Only a rustle can be recordet.

Third and last Problem my Webcam is also unable to work.

Maybe all the 3 Problems have the same source and maybe you could help me fix it without send the Notebook back. I really need it for my work.

My Notebook:
Asus G74SX (WLAN: AzureWave AW-NB037H)

p.s. Excuse my bad english

Pitcher@asus
01-22-2013, 06:30 AM
what is your OS version? if win 7, did you restore your OS with press F9 at BIOS post? if ok, please check is it work or not? if win 8, because ASUS have not provide driver, you must be finding by youself, you can search ROG form Clean G74 install guide.

dstrakele
01-22-2013, 07:01 AM
I agree with Mike. Press F9 at startup to perform an ASUS Factory Recovery and choose to recover Windows to the 1st partition. Your OS partition will be completely overwritten, so backup any important files. I'm assuming you're running the stock ASUS Windows 7.

If that fails to resolve your issues, you're likely looking at a hardware problem. An exchange for a new unit or a complete refund from your retailer would be the best resolution in that case. Otherwise, you'll need to set up an RMA for ASUS Warranty repair.

NOTE: On the G74SX, you can easily open the back to confirm the WLAN card is properly installed. Unfortunately, the microphone and webcam are more difficult to access.

Flash2over
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
I've done all of the things you said without any success. So I have contacted the ASUS support and it seems to be a hardware problem. So finally i need to send it back for the Warranty repair.

dstrakele
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I recommend you PM cl-scott, the ASUS Customer Loyalty rep on this forum, with your RMA information and request his assistance.