PDA

View Full Version : G75vw stuck on windows animation

Smla92
01-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone, seem to have a problem with my G75vw. Bought this laptop on the 13th of December. Worked fine for the first month, now for the past week or so when ever it boots up from hibernation the windows anmation would freeze but after a couple of minutes it would start up. On one occasion only the the indicator lights turned on and I
could hear the fans running, but the screen stayed black, and for the rest it didn't do anything. Yesterday it once again froze when it reached the windows logo but didn't do anything past that. I turned it off by holding in the power button, and once again did the same thing, whatever I tried to do it would go past the frozen windows logo. I eventually did a system restore and that seemed to work for a while, but now the same problem with the windows logo freezing but still starting up. Anyone knows what this could be?
Also it has win7 home premium

Delta12
01-21-2013, 10:44 PM
As mad as this may sound, I had this same issue on 4 different custom rigs in the past. On 3 of them it turned out that I had bad sectors on one of my storage drives, I found this to be the case after I unplugged 1 component at a time and restarting until I found what was causing the windows animation to freeze. The other time it turned out to be a faulty optical drive. Your issue may not be entirely the same as mine only occurred on start-up.

rewben
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
you can try to disable hibernate first and see if the problem still exists (note that disabling hibernate also disables fast startup in your power plan options in w8).

if not, you can try clear the page file (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070723185321AAf1GRI) and then recreate it.

Pitcher@asus
01-23-2013, 04:15 AM
if you can, restore OS to see the problme still happen or not.