PDA

View Full Version : guildwars 2

ChillKill
01-21-2013, 11:50 PM
hey everyone anyone playing guildwars 2 on their g75 660m ?
how does it handle it ?
im thinking of buying the game would like some opinions from members who play it with this laptop how smoth it is.
thanks alot !!!

Walkir
01-22-2013, 12:14 AM
I just got a G75VX 670mx to play Guild Wars 2 :) Previously I played it on an old iMac (i3@3.2GHz & ATI 5730m) and it was very playable even on that hardware in 1920x1080 at medium settings (~35 fps in game). Will update the post when I installed the game on my G75 :)

mrwolf
01-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Ah Guild wars 2.. One epicc game ! lol just got the digital deluxe edition like a week ago and im really liking it. Best mmo-rpg ive played and the one big contributing factor to the overall amazingness of this game is the graphics. So in my opinion this game needs to played with all graphics settings maxed out :cool:

Few things you need to take into account to get the best fps and visual quality on the G75:

1) Overclock to about 740/1650 for the GTX670M or the equivalent for the GTX670MX. Wont cause any extra heat an should give a good 10fps boost aswel as more stable fps fluctuation overall..

2) Unpark all cores. Because this is again one of those heavily CPU reliant games its best to have all cores active so you dont loose fps in WvW where there are large amounts of ppl on screen..

3) For some reason the ambient occlusion with Nvidia Control panel is bugged and causes massive fps drops so its best to create a profile for GW2 and set ambient occlusion to OFF. There is barely any visual difference and it allows you to achieve 30-70 fps with all in game graphics settings maxed out except for shadows at High..

ChillKill
01-22-2013, 04:54 AM
well bought it and oc my 660 to +135 + 600 mem
all settings maxed out i get 20 fps
gonna play witht he setings to get atleast 30 fps

mrwolf
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Hmm, did u unpark cores and turn the ambient occlusion setting OFF in Nvidia control panel ?? Also dont put shadows on ultra put it on high or medium.. That should get you atleast 30fps stable :)

If not than the last thing you could try is to turn down shader detail which is quite demanding but that can have an effect on the graphics quality.. Or you can try and un-tick the high-res character textures..?

By the way are you in the EU by any chance ? If you are and want some people to play with come on the Far Shiverpeaks EU server and join my guild :cool: we can help you get to grips with all the mechanics in the game and also its more fun playing with some people rather than questing around alone..

vintagepimpage
01-24-2013, 03:54 AM
@ mrwolf ... How did you overclock your 670? So you're not noticing any change in temps/stability? Any issues with OCing voiding the warranty? Also... when you talk about unparking all the cores, how would I make sure I've got that?

Love GW2. Got the wife hooked on it now. :)

Colonel Panic
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Love GW2. Got the wife hooked on it now. :)

Don't get too attached. NCSoft has a reputation for killing Western MMOs.

mrwolf
01-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Well overclocking is easy and has been discussed widley in these forums, have a look and you'll see :), You jus need an OC app like MSI-Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector and then you gotta put the core clock to 740 and memory clock to 1650. Then you need to run uniengine heaven benchmark to see if you get any visual anomalies/artifacts which would mean you cannot oc so high.. If you dont then its all good and you can use that setting. Make sure when you OC you have all the Onscreen display stuff on so you can monitor ingame temps, it should not go over 75-77degrees.. There is a little heat increase but it all depends on the room temp and the system itself..

Core unparking is easy and is must to all G75 users IMO (This is not required if you are running Windows 8) - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26087-CPU-Unparking-How-to-unleash-your-currently-limited-Ivy-Bridge

@Colonel Panic: Yea maybe NCsoft doesnt have the best rep.. But currently there is no MMO-rpg that plays as well as GW2.. There is alot less of that boring grind to get xp and its jus more fun in general than others like WOW..

finalhour
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
hey everyone anyone playing guildwars 2 on their g75 660m ?
how does it handle it ?
im thinking of buying the game would like some opinions from members who play it with this laptop how smoth it is.
thanks alot !!!

Play it fullscreen on max settings and it handles fine!

jeffdamicog
01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
no worries. it plays great on max settings

Belenos
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Core unparking is easy and is must to all G75 users IMO (This is not required if you are running Windows 8) - http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26087-CPU-Unparking-How-to-unleash-your-currently-limited-Ivy-Bridge

Only a must for G75? What about G55?

mrwolf
01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Only a must for G75? What about G55?

Its a must for all Laptop users with windows 7 so yea for G55's too..

vintagepimpage
01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
@ mrwolf ... Thanks for the info. I'm on Win8 so the parked cores aren't at issue then? What are you using while in GW2 to monitor temperature?

mrwolf
01-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Yea if your on windows 8 then dont worry about that.. Im currenly using MSI-Afterburner to OC and monitor temps

ChillKill
01-27-2013, 02:21 PM
well i didnt like the game much it was pretty empty and boring playing alone ... i asked for a refund after a week playing it .
they aproved it :D

mrwolf
01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
lol.. you need a guild or something but ye i understand.. can get boring alone..

So what you playing instead..?

ChillKill
01-28-2013, 04:24 AM
at the time im playing planetside 2 , and dota 2

with the refund im looking for a new game any recomendations ? i like mmorpg and fps.