PDA

View Full Version : G75vw Windows 8 Driver issues

devpane
01-22-2013, 09:42 AM
I was previously running win 7 but decided to buy win 8. After installing win 8 for some reason I am unable to install drivers. I am getting one of two errors wen I try to install the drivers I download from the asus web site for win 8. the 1st one says that program only supports asus notebooks and the other error says there was an error with the INI file.

rewben
01-22-2013, 09:49 AM
hi @devpane, the first one: install atk package first then install the one that spit out the error.

the second one: please tell us what that software is.

devpane
01-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I am heading to work at the moment but when I get back home I would do. Win flash is one of the programs that gave the error, the audio drivers as some others. I can remember all the programs because I reinstalled the WIn 8 thinking something wrong happened during the installation process but would try some more wen I get hm.

rewben
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
alright; let's see what we can do to help after you posted the problematic software list.

is this an upgrade from w7 or clean install? direct upgrade has higher tendency to cause driver issues.

ashue
01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi devpane,

Like the reminder that was stated on the website before downloading the drivers, "If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8,to prevent software compatibility issue, please uninstall the older version driver before install the newer version driver".
If this is a clean install then there should be no issues at least not unless you have installed the older version of the driver but if this is an upgrade then this is a common issue that most are encountering.

devpane
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
It was a clean install. I formated the hdd b4 the install as well.I will not be home until 6 hrs from to to give further information on the problematic software.

ashue
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
It was a clean install. I formated the hdd b4 the install as well.I will not be home until 6 hrs from to to give further information on the problematic software.

i see, just post/name some of the driver issues/softwares that you are encountering for everyone to know.

devpane
01-23-2013, 01:51 AM
I got all the programs to work after another fresh install except for WinFlash which says it only supports an asus notebook and Rapid Storage Technology driver, WirelessRadioControl_Win8_64_Z1001, KBFilter_Win8_64_Z1005 which gives the INI file error. Guess they are not really that important so I could live witout them. thanks for the help all.

ashue
01-23-2013, 05:58 AM
I got all the programs to work after another fresh install except for WinFlash which says it only supports an asus notebook and Rapid Storage Technology driver, WirelessRadioControl_Win8_64_Z1001, KBFilter_Win8_64_Z1005 which gives the INI file error. Guess they are not really that important so I could live witout them. thanks for the help all.

Hi devpayne,

Glad to know that it worked after doing a fresh install as for the winflash it is not that important as the easyflash utilty in the bios is recommended if you will do any bios upgrade works.
For the other errors like, WirelessRadioControl_Win8_64_Z1001 and KBFilter_Win8_64_Z1005, you might want to give a try with installing the latest atk package at the asus site or re-install the previous version if there is no updated one.
I had an issue with power4gear button the last time when i updated it then after re-installing the atk package then it worked like a charm. Go and give it a try as there will no harm in trying. :)

Pitcher@asus
01-23-2013, 06:48 AM
you don't need install ASUS winflah utility, i want to know all drivers are install complete and normal to use.