PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering when watching Blu-Ray G73JW

merchantm
07-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I have a G73JW which has just come back from it's RMA where it had some work done (see below). However, when watching Blu Ray films it is stuttering and hanging up badly. The films are saved on my HDD and are run using VLC.

BTW the work done was a new touchpad, mainboard, LCD and LVDS cable according to the report.

Cheers

Chastity@ASUS
07-04-2011, 03:05 AM
did they do a factory restore on the HDD?

did you update the firmware for the hdd's?

did you try using another player other than VLC?

merchantm
07-04-2011, 10:40 AM
did they do a factory restore on the HDD?

did you update the firmware for the hdd's?

did you try using another player other than VLC?

1. No
2. Trying to do that now, but not sure how to create a bootable flash drive.
3. No, have been using VLA for ages and it worked fine pre-RMA.

Cheers

merchantm
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
How do I create the bootable flash drive as per the instructions for updating the HDDs?

Chastity@ASUS
07-05-2011, 01:04 AM
I know there are instructions for this is the VBIOS GSOD thread in the original post. Use the HP utility and win98 pack in the v93 vBIOS download, and follow the instructions to make a bootable USB stick. Then copy the firmware rom plus installer, and any bat file you will be using, and boot to the stick.

merchantm
07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Right have updated the HDDS as per instructions.

Didn't seem to do a lot but slight improvement.

BUT Defragged all three drives.

Seems to be ok now (still lagging but nowhere near as bad). Odd because the drive with the movies on it had no fragmentation at all, but the other two (sans movies) were badly in need of a defrag.

BUT still not quite there so if anyone has any ideas........... ;-)

Trigon
07-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Check your CPU speed. I was having the same issue and I found out the CPU was NOT clocking up, it was staying at 994mhz.

I forgot the name of it, but there is a small app to unlock the CPU and force TurboBoost