PDA

View Full Version : G73jw-a1 blue screen

Andrew_85
01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Hello Guys

I recently formatted my laptop and installed again windows 7,the one that comes with the laptop.I had to do it because my second hard disk (the 500gb) was disconnecting everytime,before making a little noise and then getting disconnected.

Now seems like the same problem is coming back,not often as before but still,when i download something to my second hard disk or try to open a big folder I can hear it and it takes forever to open.I'm also getting the blue screen,my latop has crucial m4 ssd,what should I do?

I really don't know where to start.

Thanks

dstrakele
01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28269-frequent-crashing-of-my-g74sx-has-recently-started-happening...&p=214846&viewfull=1#post214846 and install BlueScreenView to further troubleshoot your BSOD's.

From your description, it sounds like your HDD may be failing. Do you observe any Disk Errors reported in the Windows System Event Log? As a precaution, I recommend backing up any important files on that drive.

Andrew_85
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28269-frequent-crashing-of-my-g74sx-has-recently-started-happening...&p=214846&viewfull=1#post214846 and install BlueScreenView to further troubleshoot your BSOD's.

From your description, it sounds like your HDD may be failing. Do you observe any Disk Errors reported in the Windows System Event Log? As a precaution, I recommend backing up any important files on that drive.

Hi

thanks for your help,I did download and run BlueScreenView but it doesn't show any logs.

about the second HDD should I buy a new one?what is suggested?

dstrakele
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Do you observe any Disk Errors reported in the Windows System Event Log?

Does a disk diagnostic utility report any problems with the HDD?

Pitcher@asus
01-24-2013, 07:06 AM
if you unplug 2 HDD, is it happen? if not, i suggest you change other hdd to 2 bay to try it.