PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-BBK5 Red Pixels

Radtastified
01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Started having this problem recently when watching videos or gaming:

I got the computer in May from Best Buy and had no problems until now. I've upgraded to Windows 8 and stuck a Intel 520 SSD in it. This may be from the latest GeForce 310.9 drivers, but I'm not sure. Anyone else getting red pixels everywhere? They'll sometimes even appear on my desktop wallpaper. I have a 3 year warranty in case I need to return it, but that's a last case scenario.

Shawnnepc
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Started having this problem recently when watching videos or gaming:

I got the computer in May from Best Buy and had no problems until now. I've upgraded to Windows 8 and stuck a Intel 520 SSD in it. This may be from the latest GeForce 310.9 drivers, but I'm not sure. Anyone else getting red pixels everywhere? They'll sometimes even appear on my desktop wallpaper. I have a 3 year warranty in case I need to return it, but that's a last case scenario.

Does it seem to get worse when there's lots of movement in the screen?

I've seen that issue with failing LCD screens and GPU

Radtastified
01-25-2013, 01:08 AM
Yeah. I just took it to Best Buy. The GPU needs to be replaced. He also said this has been fairly common with this model. Yikes. The repair time is estimated at 2 to 3 weeks which really sucks. I use this computer all the time because I'm a computer major.

Pitcher@asus
01-28-2013, 06:40 AM
why you upgrade to win 8 than occur, is it not happen in win7? it is so strange, anyway, i suggest you send back ASUS for warranty,