PDA

View Full Version : ASUS A52F Laptop cannot Communicate with its Brother MFC-J265w Printer

Carver
01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
If this is the wrong Forum, please forgive me. I do not know where else this question should be posted.

My wife has an ASUS A527F Laptop which can no longer communicate with her Brother MFC-J265w All-In-One. Both were purchased in May of 2011. So neither of them is now covered by warranty. I have been trying for a week to get advice from both ASUS and Brother regarding how to make the Asus be able to communicate with the Brother printer. I have had no luck, probably because they are both out-of-warranty. At one point I thought that a printer driver needs to be update, but I do not know where to find that driver.

I would appreciate if you would tell me how to re-establish communications between the laptop and the printer, or where to find the appropriate driver to update, or where is a more appopriate place to post this question.

Chino
01-26-2013, 12:11 AM
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forums, Carver.

Just a quick question. Are you using an USB connection to the printer or wireless?

Zygomorphic
01-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Moved to correct forum. No worries about the placement! It is an easy fix! :)

Carver
01-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Hi Chino,

I am using a wireless connection. I hope yu have some suggestions.

Carver

Carver
01-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi,

What does moved to the right Forum mean? How will I find the correct Forum after it is moved?

Chino
01-26-2013, 04:22 AM
Look for it at this section: ASUS l Republic of Gamers Notebooks | NON-ROG ASUS Notebooks and Tablets

What version Windows are you running?

Carver
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Chino,

I have Windows 7 64-bit.

Chino
01-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Ok. Most of these wireless printers have an option to print a WLAN report. So what you want to do is print that report out first and see if the printer is properly connected to your network. If you wish, you can upload a picture/scan of the report to these forums and we can take a look at it.

Zygomorphic
01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Hi,

What does moved to the right Forum mean? How will I find the correct Forum after it is moved?

There are sub-forums dedicated to different product groups, so that people can find stuff more easily. I am one of the mods, so I moved this thread to the correct sub-forum where people with skills to help are more likely to find it.

Carver
01-26-2013, 08:27 PM
I have scanned a WLan report and a Network Configuration Report from the Brother MFC-J265w Printer. I hope I will be able to attach them to this post. But first a bit of background.

We purcashed both the laptop and printer when we lived in another County. Bright House supplied the modem-router and set-up the system Which inclded an HP desktop and printer, both hardwired as well as the ASUS Laptop and Brother printer connected wirelessly. They charged us $150 to set it up and provide support as needed. When we recently moved to another county the Bright House technician who set up the system here felt it was necessary to use a different router here. So he replaced our router and reinstalled everything in our new home. I was not here when he did that and have no idea what was done. (Since I am not a "techie" that probably does not matter, but the point is that I have no information about the setup.) When we started having this communication problem I contacted Bright House. They said that since we are able to get online this was either an ASUS or Brother problem, not a Bright House problem. So Bright House will not provide any support with this problem. All of that is to say that the content of the reports that I hope are attached are not very meaningful to me, I hope they are to you.

Sorry, I fond a link to "Manager Attachments" but not one to "Upload Attachments." I will send this and try again.

Chino
01-28-2013, 02:33 AM
Those are great. The printer is connected to your wireless network. Time to get to work.

Start Button - Devices and Printers - Add a printer - Add a network wireless or Bluetooth printer

At this stage, it'll start looking for the Brother printer. You should be able to find it. Let me know if it does.