PDA

View Full Version : g75 droping wireless conection

DrunkenWookie
01-26-2013, 02:41 AM
ye so like the title says it keeps doing that every 20 min and its not my isp as my friend is right next to me and he has no problems

rewben
01-26-2013, 03:28 AM
have you disable power management in device manager > network adapters > wifi > power management? (uncheck the option that allows the computer to turn off wifi to save power).

DrunkenWookie
01-26-2013, 03:33 AM
yes I have

dstrakele
01-26-2013, 03:40 AM
What version WiFi driver are you currently running? Most G75 users have resolved WiFi disconnection issues with a driver update.

rewben
01-26-2013, 03:45 AM
please tell us more about your laptop (model number and your wifi model). there are many threads about wifi connection dropped half-way. take your time and look for them (goto google type site:rog.asus.com wifi drop connection g75)

edit: yes, what @dstrakele said :) sorry i'm in a hurry..

DrunkenWookie
01-26-2013, 04:18 AM
latest driver and g75vw did google b4

dstrakele
01-26-2013, 05:34 AM
1) What is the driver version number displayed in Device Manager Properties for your Wireless Network Adapter device?

2) How did you install the driver?

WontonNoodle
01-26-2013, 06:01 AM
instal .221

Blackheart87
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
My g75vx have the same issue, the driver of wlan is: 10.0.0.205 Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless network adapter stock installed.

rewben
01-26-2013, 01:34 PM
hm.. please provide more hints; many reasons can cause the atheros wifi connections to drop if i have to guess.

so please start over by answering the questions above with more narrations that can help us to help you.

dstrakele
01-26-2013, 03:35 PM
If you're getting WiFi disconnections, the following steps may be helpful:

1) Reboot the laptop. My daughter called me the other day because her friend kept getting disconnected from her WiFi on her Windows 8 laptop. I wanted her to run IPCONFIG /ALL from a Command Prompt, but it wouldn't run. I asked her to reboot the system, but it wouldn't shut down. We eventually forced a shutdown, restarted the laptop, and magically all was well. It turned out my daughter's friend never rebooted her laptop, only put it to Sleep or used Hibernation. This alone can result in many different problems. Regularly reboot your system to recover leaked memory.

While you're in rebooting mode, reboot your modern and router. It is another common resolution step for Internet connectivity issues.

2) Remove the network cable going from the modem to your router at the router end and plug it into the Ethernet port on your laptop. If you still experience Internet disconnections while on an Ethernet connection, contact your ISP's Technical Support.

3) Update or reinstall the WiFi driver. This has proven helpful for many G75 owners with Atheros WiFi cards. Driver versions of 10.0.0.75 or later have provided resolutions. You may want to try later versions if you are running Windows 8.

Install the Atheros WiFi driver by running SETUP.EXE from the installation file set. Don't use Device Manager for driver installation. If the installer offers the option to remove the existing driver, use it, or consider uninstalling the driver from Control Panel first and rebooting prior to updating the driver. Consider booting into Windows Safe Mode to disable other running drivers (such as Antivirus), that may interfere with your WiFi driver installation.

4) Interference from cordless phones or other routers can sometimes result in disconnections. Experiment by changing channels in your Router configuration. Channels 1 or 11 are good ones to start with, but try the others if they fall to bring improvement.

5) Channel Bandwidth (also a Router configuration) can affect WiFi performance. Higher bandwidth can result in higher speeds, but can also result in disconnections. Confirm the lowest 20 mhz setting to troubleshoot disconnections.

6) Some routers just work better with WPA2-Personal Security with AES Encryption. Confirm this Router configuration to troubleshoot.

7) A Router firmware update can sometimes resolve connection issues. This is a common resolution with ASUS Routers if you read user reviews on Amazon.

8) Sometimes going into "Manage Wireless Connections" on your laptop and deleting the Wireless Network, then recreating it by connecting to the Router will resolve connection problems.

9) Check the Wireless connection sigal strength in the System Tray of your laptop. If it is "Fair" or less, you may be too far from the router or there may be too many walls between your laptop and router. If signal strength is low only on your laptop when right next to the router, you may have a WiFi card hardware problem, such as a disconnected antenna.

10) Your Router Log or Windows System Event Log may provide some clues for the WiFi disconnections.

11) If you're experiencing problems connecting to your router, consider connecting to a friend's router or an access point at work or school to determine if it is a router or laptop issue.

12) DPC Latency can result in disconnections. Troubleshoot with DPC Latency Checker.

DrunkenWookie
01-26-2013, 04:01 PM
the latest driver .75 and I think not sure yet that channel 1 thing worked not 100% sure yet and I think its the laptop driver/ network in the pc that has problems with the router so hope they get a working driver out soon also is there a way to make the connection faster more stable did a ping test and it jumps from 20 to 80 ping all the time

DrunkenWookie
01-26-2013, 04:09 PM
also how about when going around with my laptop to a friends house or at a lan then I cant change the channel so what to do then?

dstrakele
01-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Connecting to another router is only to determine if you have a router or laptop problem. As an example, if you bring your laptop to a friend's house and experience no WiFi disconnections when connected to their router, you've confirmed your disconnection problem is caused by YOUR router, modem, or ISP, and NOT your laptop.

Variable Ping Test results can be caused by problems on the destination server as well as servers on the route to the destination server provided by your ISP. It's worthwhile using DPC Latency Checker to confirm DPC Latency on your system is not the cause of poor or variable performance.

DrunkenWookie
01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
what I meant was when going to a lan and if I get the same problem there because their router is not configured to use one channel then its a compatibility problem with the laptop not the routers fault so driver update is needed

dstrakele
01-26-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm sorry, @DrunkenWookie, I do not understand. It may be a translation problem. On my planet, the wireless router is configured to broadcast on a specific channel. The laptop or wireless network adapter receives the broadcast on the channel used by the router when the connection is established. The laptop or the WiFi driver play no part in wireless channel configuration.

Configuration to use a, b, g, or n protocols can be accomplished by driver configuration on the laptop as well as on the router. Perhaps wireless protocols are known as "channels" on your planet? Or do you refer to the 2.4 or 5.0 Ghz frequency bands as channels?

If you continue to get disconnected from another wireless access point, I agree it is likely a problem with your laptop (DPC Latency or Wireless Network Adapter hardware) or the WiFi driver.

Most G75 and G55 owners with Atheros WiFi cards are resolving disconnection issues by updating the Atheros WiFi driver to version 10.0.075 or later. If you are running Windows 8, I'd recommend one of the latest drivers. These are not yet available on the ASUS website.

Apexing
01-26-2013, 06:39 PM
step one, change channels on your router (go trough all channels)
step 2, change security on the wifi (I dont reconmend this!) (keep it on wpa2 its safer)
step 3, bring your laptop to a friend whom have a different brand router (d-link, linksys, zyxel etc.) see if you get dropped on that wifi.
step 4, uninstall and reinstall wifi drivers. try different versions either from asus page or from wificard manufactor.
---------
if none of these work, get it RMA, I have never had issues with my wifi, so it could be a faulty one you got.

DrunkenWookie
01-27-2013, 11:36 AM
well internet droped again this is my second g75 cus the old one was broken aswell kind of a **** laptop the keyboard is even bad it keeps jumping back 20 words back so I have to move the mark to the front again so I can type

dstrakele
01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
If you are still within your retailer's exchange/return period, I recommend you return the laptop for an exchange or complete refund.

If that option is no longer available, and you tried troubleshooting DPC Latency with DPC Latency Checker, try installing one of the more recent Atheros WiFi drivers (10.0.0.209 or .221) from Windows Safe Mode or set up an RMA with ASUS. Then PM your RMA information to cl-scott on this forum and request his assistance.