PDA

View Full Version : Intel turbo boost tech stuck

Hameli
01-26-2013, 09:44 AM
I've upgrade to windows 8, i did use windows 8 for one month now, it was working perfectly, since two days i noticed a strange screen lag while im playing, so i decided to do a Refresh, its a feature that will remove most of the programs and restore win8 to its default configurations, After the restore i had to re-install some drivers such as nvidia drivers, i re-installed the intel turbo boots technology, since i did the refresh until now its stuck at 2.8 ghz even when im not using the pc.

Intel 2670qm is my processor and thank you.

dstrakele
01-27-2013, 01:44 AM
I'm thinking the Intel Turbo Boost Monitor failed to install correctly and is not functioning on your laptop. You could try uninstalling it and reinstalling from Windows Safe Mode.

Personally, I would uninstall it and load up HWINFO64. It can also run as a Windows Gadget and can be configured to provide not only CPU info, but even more useful information.

Pitcher@asus
01-28-2013, 03:38 AM
please reinstall again and download form ASUS website.

Hameli
01-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Update:
I reinstalled the intel turbo tech still same problem, also is still have the problem before updating while playing a game called lol the fps was stable at 60 without any screen lag or fps drop to 30, but now it drops to 30 sometimes i dont know why

dstrakele
01-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Let's troubleshoot the Intel Turbo Boost issue further by installing HWINFO64 to see if it can correctly report your CPU frequency.

Boosted_R
01-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Let's troubleshoot the Intel Turbo Boost issue further by installing HWINFO64 to see if it can correctly report your CPU frequency.

+1 verify with HWINFO64

Hameli
01-30-2013, 12:42 PM
I uninstalled intel turbo boost technology monitor, and installed the HWINFO64 but i have no clue how to use it or how to see the cpu freq

dstrakele
01-30-2013, 03:07 PM
The "System Summary" pane contains a graphical display of CPU Clock Frequency for the 4 CPU cores. Can you see the frequencies changing or do they also remain static?