PDA

View Full Version : Info about Asus G74sx BB7 Model...Price check?

Candack
01-27-2013, 03:16 AM
I am trying to find out a good price to sell my Asus G74sx BB7 Model. It is used, just over a year old. Have never had any problems with it ...It is in New/Good Condition, have really taken care of it. Fantastic laptop just wondering what I should sell it for... I know Asus laptops really hold there value well. Some people were telling me I could get around 900 I honestly don't know if that soundsto high or not it probably is....so please any honest answers on what yall think a good price would be let me know. I don't wanna screw anyone over. Just need to sell this some issues and need the money.

Upgrades to it - Added more ram....from 8gigs to 12gigs DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM
Upgrades on of the harddrives - Took out on 500gb standard hardrive and replaced it with a Intel 128gig SolidState Drive, which runs simply amazing.

So 12 gigs DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM
128gig Intel Solid State Drive

The computer has the following specs:

Processor:
Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM Processor Quad Core

Display:
17.3" 16:9 HD+ (1600x900)/Full HD

Storage:
2.5" SATA 500gb 7200 Harddrive also the 128g Solid State Drive where windows is installed. (I will also be giving the person who buys this the other 500gig 7200 Harddrive

Memory:
12g DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM

Graphics Card GPU:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with 3GB/2GB GDDR5 VRAM (Actually a fantastic laptop card. Have been able to run almost everything max settings 50 to 60 frames a second)

Card Reader:
3 -in-1 card reader ( SDXC/ MS/ MMC)

Camera:
HD Web Camera

Networking:
Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
Built-in Bluetooth™ V3.0 (Optional)
10/100/1000 Base T

Interface:
1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Headphone-out jack
1 x USB 3.0 port(s)
3 x USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x HDMI

Audio:
Built-in Speakers And Microphone
EAX Advanced HD 5.0
THX TruStudio

Manufacturer Warranty
2-year limited International hardware warranty. *different by country
On-line problem resolution through web interface (BIOS, Driver update)
OS (Windows 7 ) install/uninstall consultation
Bundled software install/uninstall consultation
ASUS software supporting (Ah I guess I still have the warrenty I got it last christmas so still should have something.)

Would come with the recovery CDs that came with the computer and the code and so on for the OEM is on bottom of the laptop....Look foward to hearing what yall have to say on what it is worth.

Pitcher@asus
01-28-2013, 03:40 AM
put to estore to give someone to buy it.

Candack
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
What do you mean estore? Was just curious if someone had an idea what I could sell it for or what would be bet site to sell it on.

Gorman
01-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Definitely worth at least 1500.

I doubt the warranty is transferable, but apart from that everything is top notch. The RAM, drives, GPU, cpu are all still considered top of the range.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could sell it for over 2000. How much did you pay for it? You can probably sell it for 10% less than what you bought it for.

MrRuckus
01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
I dont know about $1500.

A quick google search comes up with this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230174

This was $899.99 when it was in stock. I would imagine you could get the same for the laptop as it currently is with its upgrades.
Unfortunately electronics just dont hold their value 99% of the time.

You also have to remember that BBK models are BestBuy sold units. Not to dog your laptop, but BB models are normally stripped down models sold at lower prices. So a BBK7 is not the same thing as like say a DH71. I had a BB model for my first ROG laptop and the motherboard was even different where it would not take a Quad core processor where a non BB model would. So BB models generally go for less.

dstrakele
01-28-2013, 07:44 PM
It's the only laptop ever made where the NumLock key was replaced with a Calculator shortcut. It's a freakin' Collector's Item!