PDA

View Full Version : Question about the G55v GPU temp, furmark and fans.

Serenad3
01-27-2013, 03:22 PM
heya im a new member here and also the G55v is my first ever gaming notebook ^_^ cheers

anyway, i got like 7 days to return my model SHOULD i counter any problem... i just want to ask, what is the standard temp for G55V?? and also im using Furmark for the first with the setting of resolution 1920x 1080 with 2X MSAA, and when i run the test i notice that the fan percentage is always 0% is it suppose to be like that?? or is there any button to turn on the fans... how do i know my fans are working properly.?? or should i wait until the temp is 100, then the fans will kick in??

please help, any advise regarding the how to do a proper GPU temp is really need... thank you for ur time in reading my post and any help will be very much appreciated!!

nirO
01-27-2013, 03:56 PM
u can hear fan working.... if fans would not work it would shutdown or something like that ^^

niether the g75`s don`t show any fan speed in furmark test

what temp does your GPU reach during the test? whatw over 85C is to much and means it has a bad paste job.

srmojuze
01-27-2013, 05:57 PM
heya im a new member here and also the G55v is my first ever gaming notebook ^_^ cheers

anyway, i got like 7 days to return my model SHOULD i counter any problem... i just want to ask, what is the standard temp for G55V?? and also im using Furmark for the first with the setting of resolution 1920x 1080 with 2X MSAA, and when i run the test i notice that the fan percentage is always 0% is it suppose to be like that?? or is there any button to turn on the fans... how do i know my fans are working properly.?? or should i wait until the temp is 100, then the fans will kick in??

please help, any advise regarding the how to do a proper GPU temp is really need... thank you for ur time in reading my post and any help will be very much appreciated!!

What are your temps? I get 85degC on Furmark with CPU P95 running. Furmark only about 75degC. This is OC'ed GPU as well.

Please post... Would love to hear from more G55 owners like ourselves.

Serenad3
01-28-2013, 04:10 AM
Oh!! so the fans statistic in the furmark is meant to be 0%??? ahhh i see, i thought my fans were not working bcoz i am unable to identify whether or not the fans are working..... lol, not a tech savvy girl.

Anyway, My gpu temp is 70 to 73 degC. is that normal???

Is there anything more i should check with the G55V? because i really want to check it thoroughly, and hopefully no need to return my model of G55V.

thank you for the quick response ^_^ and giving tips, anymore advice will be appreciated ^_^

Pitcher@asus
01-28-2013, 07:36 AM
i think it is normal, if 70 to 73 degC form gaming.

nirO
01-28-2013, 07:47 AM
well it is.... most get same results in furkmark test its intense stress test in games u might not even go that high( depends on the the settings u use and what game u play ofc)

u should check also CPU temps to see if they are in the green zone :) besides that u look for bad pixels and make sure all keys work proppa...

besides that cant think about something else atm.. but u should be fine... if anything happens with it in mean time u should have still 2y warranty for it.

Serenad3
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
well it is.... most get same results in furkmark test its intense stress test in games u might not even go that high( depends on the the settings u use and what game u play ofc)

u should check also CPU temps to see if they are in the green zone :) besides that u look for bad pixels and make sure all keys work proppa...

besides that cant think about something else atm.. but u should be fine... if anything happens with it in mean time u should have still 2y warranty for it.

how do i check my CPU temps and bad pixel??? currently all the keys are working properly.... im just worried about the fans... dont know how to check whether it is function properly or not.

nirO
01-28-2013, 06:55 PM
if the fans would no function right u would notice on the temps on GPU and CPU... besides that i`m sure u can hear them when u play intense games or do tests...

u can download SpeedFan program and it will show u RPM from the fans and it also show u tepms of all 4 CPU cores and GPU

as for the pixels u could use either a blank white and loook for black dots or on a black page look for white dots.. thats how u could see a bad pixel

Serenad3
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
if the fans would no function right u would notice on the temps on GPU and CPU... besides that i`m sure u can hear them when u play intense games or do tests...

u can download SpeedFan program and it will show u RPM from the fans and it also show u tepms of all 4 CPU cores and GPU

as for the pixels u could use either a blank white and loook for black dots or on a black page look for white dots.. thats how u could see a bad pixel

ahh thanks!! thank you so much!! been searching for a program to check out my fans!! thank you for all the tips that u give, gonna check it up A.S.A.P!!

srmojuze
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
ahh thanks!! thank you so much!! been searching for a program to check out my fans!! thank you for all the tips that u give, gonna check it up A.S.A.P!!

Here's something you can do to check CPU and GPU... "Burn in" as it were. Run Furmark. Run Prime95... At the same time. CPU will go to about almost 90degC. GPU will go to about 85degC. Fans should kick in strongly.

If everything is fine after 30 minutes, I would say it's OK...! You can run it for 1 hour to be sure, but I wouldn't push the machine any longer than that running 100% CPU and GPU. My 2 cents. :)

Serenad3
02-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Here's something you can do to check CPU and GPU... "Burn in" as it were. Run Furmark. Run Prime95... At the same time. CPU will go to about almost 90degC. GPU will go to about 85degC. Fans should kick in strongly.

If everything is fine after 30 minutes, I would say it's OK...! You can run it for 1 hour to be sure, but I wouldn't push the machine any longer than that running 100% CPU and GPU. My 2 cents. :)

thank you! i have tested it and yes the fans are working ^_^ thanks you so much for ur help ^_^