PDA

View Full Version : Asus g73jh: Blue screening

Thatwhale
01-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Full story (this is gonna be long)Asus g73jh was failing for a long time (constant bluescreens etc) so I took it to geeksquad for them to look at (I have a black tie warranty with them). I sent it out, and I got it back a few weeks later. They replaced the graphics card and re-aligned the heat sink (don't know why they would replace the graphics card, since only about a year before they replaced it when my laptop was having graphical issues). They told me I would need to use the restore partition on my hard-drive or the recovery disk to fix my laptop.

The problem is, I don't HAVE the restore partition on my HD because I formatted my whole HD a while back before a re-install of windows (it was the first of many re-installs, though the future ones I learned I didn't HAVE to format my HD >~>) and I don't have the recovery disks because I'm 99 percent sure my laptop didn't come with them, and I don't feel like putting out 50 bucks of my money. So, I did the next best thing: I re-installed windows, but before I did this, I did my research to find the proper drivers for everything. I downloaded them, then after re-installing windows, I got them out of the windows.old file. I installed each one... but uhm... a slight problem happened. When I was installing the creative audio driver, my computer crashed. When I booted it up, it said that I couldn't install it because I had to make sure other instances of the installation were closed before I installed it. So, I had to resort to some secondary audio drivers from Realtek. Now every time I boot up my computer, I get an error saying 'can't find srs compatible device' and oddly, the synaptics touch pad driver always asks to run on boot up too (I made it stop by making run with out asking me, and to stop the touch pad device when a usb mouse was plugged in).

Also, mom.exe (this program thing for my graphics drivers) can't run because I don't have proper microsoft.net stuff.

Anyway, to the main issue: I've been getting bluescreens when I'm using my laptop. Most of the time, it happens when I'm doing a lot of things at once (which is weird because I have a core i7... and it hadn't done that the first two years of having my laptop) and doesn't give an error for the cause of the bluescreen. The other two happen randomly, and the errors are:

System_Service_expection
and
IRQL_Not_less_or_Equal

So yeah... the reason I put the full story is because I was hoping one of you guys might be able to pick out some issues and help me fix them...

Also, in the Device Maneger, it says I'm missing a driver for: PCI Simple Communications Controller... so there's that too.

Sorry for all of the grammatical and spelling errors. I can't be assed to go back and read through it.

Also, drivers I DID install:
http://gyazo.com/ff44ea9361d7a4f02085423c63399549.png
I did install the intel wireless driver as well, and of course my graphics driver. I didn't install the Intel MEI thing. It said my computer didn't meet the requirements. I also didn't install the 'Intel Chipset Device' driver, because last time I did that, it didn't really fix anything.

Jporter396
01-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Did you install the amd drivers from the amd website. i was grey screening and blue screening while trying to play battlefield 3 a lot. Turns out that my specific driver package had issues, so i reverted back to older amd drivers and worked. Now i reinstalled windows after outdated realtek hd driver cause freezing, and installed latest amd drivers.

All is well, i dont even know if you needed to replace the gpu itself if this is the same problem we had.

Good Luck, drivers are a *****

Thatwhale
01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes, I got the AMD drivers from the website it self, I don't think it has anything to do with the graphics drivers.
Anyway, I installed the intel Chipset driver to see if that would solve the 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' issue, but it still says it's un-installed...

Pitcher@asus
01-28-2013, 06:27 AM
are you install win 8 OS? because i think ASUS have not provide win8 driver at ASUS website, you are able to try install driver from G75 for win 8, but i am not promise.

Jporter396
01-29-2013, 05:41 AM
amd drivers seem to be hit and miss with me, i decided to run update myself just to see if there was an update and sure enough it BSOD'ed. Had to do full reinstall as punishment for messing with somehting that wasnt broken