PDA

View Full Version : G75vx BlackScreen

joaosb
01-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi all!
i have bought a ASUS g75 two weeks ago(10 days old) , and a few days ago, i has working normally, no game running :D, and suddenly, the screen become black.
Windows is running fine but i donīt have image on the computer.
After that i turned off the computer for a couple of minutes, and turn on the power, and it seems ok.
2 days after, the same thing, but a this time i do the same ( turn off the computer), but no image appears !
Does anyone have this problem ?
damm this is brand new computer, 10 days after i bought.

thks
JSB

rewben
01-28-2013, 12:15 PM
1. check the cpu/gpu temperatures (hwinfo64 (http://hwinfo.com/download64.html) can help);
2. connect to an external display and see if the image shows.

if the problem persists, and if it's still within the return period, i suggest you go get a new unit. be sure to back up all your data and reset it to factory state first.

joaosb
01-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi !
in the VGA port, no image, but in the hdmi i have image.
i already went to the store, to get a new laptop, but store tells me that ASUS in portugal return period is only for 7 days, i went there at the 10th day.
they send it to repair :( very bad attitude from ASUS. a Brand new ASUS g75, so far one of the most expensive laptop from asus.
I only have post this Issue, just to see is anyone have this problem.
thks Anyway.

jsb

gokica
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
It is not ASUS but the store policy. You should check whether there is a law for protecting the rights of the buyers in your country. In it there should be an article incorporated stating the return policy period and everyone in your country should follow it. I think that in the EU it is 15 days minimum but you should double check that. Also see if there is something written about this period in your invoice/warranty.

leodanniel
01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Hey guy i had something similar, but in my case one of the two fans starts to speed while my display is black . I solved that problem just downgrading bios, that was my problem. Just check what is your bios version and tell me whats your nvidia version driver (: , im sure it has to be a compatibiliti problem

Pitcher@asus
01-29-2013, 02:10 AM
can you post BIOS? could you try press F9 to restore? i suggest you send back to ASUS service to check, maybe you will get new one if the problem is graving.