PDA

View Full Version : G74SX-BBK7 wont turn on

awarsoca
01-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Sorry if i missed something in a search, kind of stressed. Was sitting at my laptop and it shut off. Unplugged, removed battery, help power down for 30 sec. plugged it in..nothing...added batter back.. nothing.

Hoping the warranty is more than 1 year because I bought it January 1 2012 )c:

Any help will be MUCH appreciated

Pitcher@asus
01-29-2013, 03:51 AM
i suggest you visit asus webist to visit how to buy extend warranty, maybe will help you exten warranty, i suggest you send back to check what is problem with your laptop.

dstrakele
01-29-2013, 04:52 AM
1) Do you get any LED's lighting, drives spinning up, any signs of life?

2) Can you confirm your power adapter is functioning?

3) You might try opening the back of the laptop and try reseating the memory. If the chip in slot 1 has lost contact, the laptop will not POST.

4) If your VGA died, that would also leave you dead in the water. Did you observe anyun video corruption or performance issues in the days preceding the unexpected shutdown?

awarsoca
01-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Mike,
shop.asus.com will not come up so I can buy the warranty, it says page not found

Dstrakle,
1.No LED, no anything
2.Can not confirm the adapter is working, but was on battery last week so I know it was good then. Should, in theory be good now, still will not come on
3.Will try this
4.No video corruption, everything was fine. Just did a fresh re-install two weeks ago and everything was functioning fine

Zygomorphic
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM
You may have a better warranty than you think:
http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Features/Extended_Warranty/
2 Years by default.

awarsoca
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Good News! it was a bad slot on the surge protector.
Zygo...that may be even better news LOL