PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 313.95 Beta Driver + Crysis 3 OPEN Beta!

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 08:19 AM
It's finally here, one of the ultimate tests for our beloved machines :P
Get ready to OC this beast to the max! We might have a reason to reach a mac's web browsing temps now (93C) hehehe

Improvements of particular note include 27% in Assassin’s Creed III, 19% in Civilization V, 14% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, 14% in DiRT 3, 11% in Just Cause 2, 10% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, 10% in F1 2012, and 10% in Far Cry 3.
The Beta drivers will also improve Crysis 3 Beta...

OBS: Even though it says the beta opens on the 29th, it is 3 am on the 29th as of now, let's give crytek a little time before everything is up.
Same thing about the drivers (links up, but can't download it yet...)

Links:
Driver: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-313-95-beta-drivers-released

http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/beta

mrwolf
01-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Ah yeaaaa !! been waiing for Crysis 3 beta for a while now :D

Its a shame we gotta use origin tho.. Its THE worst gaming service in history :/ dont know why they chose to go with that bollox..

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
I know I hate it too! Specially the games with a DRM system...such a joke. But anyways, UPDATE:

Sign up for beta here: http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.demos-en_US

mrwolf
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Have you gotten a chance to play it yet ??

I installed origin and everything but it was giving me some error when trying to download the game :s Might be something to do with my proxy as i am in dubai at the moment.. :( Cant get it to work

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I played it....wow! Amazing graphics,and it's still on Beta so... and I loved the Hunter mode! I don't even have the new drivers yet, about to download:

313.96 driver link: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-313-96-beta-drivers-released

I'm getting 30-40 fps (GTX660m @1200/2900) with these settings (keep in mind I don't have the drivers yet):

Also, I think it's the first time I see water detail hit FPS in a game....

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 04:17 PM
I meant to have v-sync off, clicked it by accident :P

mrwolf
01-29-2013, 04:29 PM
ah mann ! u making me so jealous ! lolll

Well im glad it runs well on our systems tho :) Enjoy mann !

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 04:54 PM
I will lol, but hey you'll get to brag even more since you have the 670...:P

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
So, turns out I'm going back to 310.90, as the new driver won't let you use the Nvidia Inspector trick to go over the 1085 core on the GTX 660m...sad :(

SubmersedHollow
01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
I played it....wow! Amazing graphics,and it's still on Beta so... and I loved the Hunter mode! I don't even have the new drivers yet, about to download:

313.96 driver link: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-313-96-beta-drivers-released

I'm getting 30-40 fps (GTX660m @1200/2900) with these settings (keep in mind I don't have the drivers yet):

Also, I think it's the first time I see water detail hit FPS in a game....

hello there i'm very interesting in your system configuration... what did u modify or use to make that much fps in crysis 3... i got
G75vw
i7 3610qm
8gb ram
gtx 660m stock
got Win8 - i dont think u can unpark or can u?

i would be happy if i would get 20 fps with the settings u have there.... so pls if u can reply to this with the configuration...

PS: i havent try unparking in win8 or updating drivers to 313.95 still got the 310.90

again ty in advance

srmojuze
01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Wow. Playing Crysis 3 on my PC, let alone my laptop. Never imagined it would be possible. Alright, time to download and prep for my G55. If indeed the new Nvidia beta drivers don't allow OC past +135... Well, we'll see. Time to suit up.

ZeroBarrier
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Wow. Playing Crysis 3 on my PC, let alone my laptop. Never imagined it would be possible. Alright, time to download and prep for my G55. If indeed the new Nvidia beta drivers don't allow OC past +135... Well, we'll see. Time to suit up.

They don't, I just reverted myself to 310.90.

HulkSmash
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
@SubmersedHollow alright dude, first I changed shading to medium, maps with a lot of explosions and players were getting me down to 25 sometimes, turning the shading to medium and shadows to high have me like 6 fps extra without taking away the good looks...if you have windows 8 you don't have to unpark, I have 7 so yes I unparked...as for my clocks I'm OC'ing @1200core/2900 mem. Also changing a couple of settings on your nvidia panel will help. To OC at where I am, you need to use a trick with nvidia inspector in order to force P-states, as the vbios limits over clocking to 135+, where I'm doing +250 over regular clocks, that alone gives me around 10 fps (a little but more depending on the game). Also if you wish to OC at those clocks, don't update to the new beta driver, since it won't let you force potatoes...if you need help at OCing, I can give you a couple of links. And I'm at my university right now (Chemestry :p), but when I get home I'll check my nvidia control panel and post my settings...

EDIT: sorry autocorrect, pstate not potatoes lol

davidsavenberg
01-30-2013, 03:22 PM
As someone else have said, if u have oc'd your gfxcard u should not use this beta. Use 310 driver instead, its ALOT more perfomance because the beta wont use the OC. :)

leobancosta
01-30-2013, 04:27 PM
i feel bad that i cannot play this on max settings :(

SubmersedHollow
01-30-2013, 06:33 PM
@SubmersedHollow alright dude, first I changed shading to medium, maps with a lot of explosions and players were getting me down to 25 sometimes, turning the shading to medium and shadows to high have me like 6 fps extra without taking away the good looks...if you have windows 8 you don't have to unpark, I have 7 so yes I unparked...as for my clocks I'm OC'ing @1200core/2900 mem. Also changing a couple of settings on your nvidia panel will help. To OC at where I am, you need to use a trick with nvidia inspector in order to force P-states, as the vbios limits over clocking to 135+, where I'm doing +250 over regular clocks, that alone gives me around 10 fps (a little but more depending on the game). Also if you wish to OC at those clocks, don't update to the new beta driver, since it won't let you force potatoes...if you need help at OCing, I can give you a couple of links. And I'm at my university right now (Chemestry :p), but when I get home I'll check my nvidia control panel and post my settings...

EDIT: sorry autocorrect, pstate not potatoes lol

Tnx for the reply :D awsome dude :D about the unparking... I found this article about unparking in windows 7 and windows 8.... it seems that cores in windows 8 still need to be "unparked" as it seems... http://diit.cz/clanek/core-parking-difference-in-windows-7-and-windows-8 ... i heard from some ppl on this forum that unparking cores in windows 8 makes it even worse, i dont know about that fact couse i havent even tried it. i was thinking about going back with windows 7 and unpark cores becouse it has been tested and aproved by many ppl here. I dont rly know what can i do about it but... still it's somthing... ok about bios and stuff what kind of bios ver do you use? i use bios 221, and was thinking to go back to the stock one "bios ver. 210"

HulkSmash
01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
I was talking about the vbios there, which is the bios for the video card. The vbios is what sets that 135+ limit for OC software...the bios shouldn't really have an effect on your gaming...so up to you! And I really dislike windows 8, feels like a phone OS, Windows 7 is plainly better for me. Also are you planning on OC'ing?

HulkSmash
01-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Maybe Mr. Wolf knows about the unparking thing for windows 8, he's the one who found out about it for us....

HulkSmash
01-30-2013, 06:58 PM

These settings seemed to help too ^^^^

AlexTheRepublican
01-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I've been playing like crazy for the past 1 hour. Definitely gonna buy this graphical/visual feast.

SubmersedHollow
01-30-2013, 07:04 PM
well i havent planed overclocking when i still have it in warrenty... but it's interesting to know how to overclock over the limit 135+.... is it possible to achive it with only nvidia inspector? But i only want to comfigure it to max performance with no overlock and on..
Had to manual change the settings in nvidia control panel to match yours... gonna test out :D
btw in nvidia settings it's still possible to achive more fps with performance mode on tho :P (but i think it only limits the game up to the settings driver allowes. :P about bios tnx for the answer xD well i think in bios 210 performance was better, more settings avaiable and (well slower boot time, but when gaming who looks for fast boot time right? :D fps ftw)

AlexTheRepublican
01-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Hey guys, I just saw 313.96 BETA Driver on GeForce.com, get it, might help :D!

HulkSmash
01-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Thanks AlexTheRepublican, I tested it, but it won't let you go past the 135+ limit for the GTX 660m....for now I'll stick to the old one till a new one or WQHL comes out...And @ SubmersedHollow, OC'ing does not void warranty as along as there are no volt mods or vbios mods...even if you do switch to a modded vbios, you can return to the original state (not really recommended, but still doable)...

srmojuze
01-31-2013, 02:20 AM
Wow. Played Crysis3 Beta last night. Set 660M GPU to 1200mhz core, 2800mhz mem... Massive difference. I can play with VSync On (it's what I like) with all settings High, 8x AF and Game Effects to Very High. SSAA to 2x.

Unbelievable. Beautiful. Standard latest driver (not Beta driver).

i feel bad that i cannot play this on max settings :(

Turn off Vsync. Turn off Ambient Occlusion. Overclock to 1200mhz core, 2800+mhz mem. Turn off AA. Set AF to 4x. Set settings max. Enjoy...! (If you're talking SSAA max then yeah, not possible to go "max" on that... Unless you have GTX 690 in your laptop. :)

smidge710
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
hey guys, just downloaded the beta of crysis 3. Just wondering what all you have your settings to using the g75?

ZeroBarrier
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
hey guys, just downloaded the beta of crysis 3. Just wondering what all you have your settings to using the g75?

Did you not read the thread at all? Not even one post? Countless people have been posting what settings they're using in game, in nVidia control panel, what drivers and even what overclock they're using.

Sheesh...

srmojuze
01-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Did you not read the thread at all? Not even one post? Countless people have been posting what settings they're using in game, in nVidia control panel, what drivers and even what overclock they're using.

Sheesh...

That's okay, we're all excited here, stay chilled... :)

Crysis 3 on my laptop... Damn, I must have done something right in my previous lifetime. Honestly never thought I'd see the day.

smidge710
01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
@zerobarrier no need to be a douchebag.. I don't overclock like most of the guys on here, so i figured i would get some input from a few more people, maybe who don't overclock as well. I set my settings about to what i have seen people post and my fps is not so good. thats why im asking

srmojuze
02-01-2013, 01:28 AM
@zerobarrier no need to be a douchebag.. I don't overclock like most of the guys on here, so i figured i would get some input from a few more people, maybe who don't overclock as well. I set my settings about to what i have seen people post and my fps is not so good. thats why im asking

What are your settings right now?

ZeroBarrier
02-01-2013, 03:39 AM

First off, refrain from name calling; I'm fairly sure disrespecting other forum members is against the forum rules. Secondly, read your own question, you didn't ask what settings non-overclockers were using, so maybe you should ask the proper question instead of a question that's been answered on nearly every post before your first post. Don't go throwing around insults when you're called out for a post which was clearly haphazardly & mindlessly written.

Primeval
02-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Here's some Crysis 3 Beta Gameplay I uploaded recently! Played on the computer in my signature, and read the video description for more info. (:

http://youtu.be/-GxFQxiHfOo

smidge710
02-01-2013, 04:34 AM
What are your settings right now?
i have everything set to medium except for shadows which is on high.. and vsync off

srmojuze
02-01-2013, 07:06 AM
i have everything set to medium except for shadows which is on high.. and vsync off

Cool... If Vsync is Off on stock clocks you can try everything on High, make sure FXAA only and around 4x or 8x AA... Try it this way? Just an idea. Then again, because in the past I play a lot of single player, I'm very tolerant somewhat lower fps.