PDA

View Full Version : I guess there is no way

dcisive
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
I wanted to be able to use a HD Camcorder for a direct feed into the computer so I can use Adobe Flash Media Encoder (h.264 compression) for live streaming video. I broadcast a live program each weekend for about 3 hours up to Justin TV. I currently am using a top line Logitech C920 webcam but lets face it, they are anything BUT broadcast quality. A nice Sony HD camcorder can now do a uncompressed feed from it's HDMI output. Sadly there is NO HDMI "INPUT" into my GW75vw. I've been told without Firewire it's just NOT going to be possible to use a camcorder as a webcam essentially. I'm so bummed that I'm stuck with a standard webcam. Nobody I've spoken to seems to think it's possible, but surely SOMEBODY is doing it without Firewire. Any ideas guys?

srmojuze
01-29-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4310 ?? USB streaming ??

dcisive
01-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Livestream is just another vendor for sending one's streaming video to. I use Justin TV which is FREE (Livestream or at least the decent version of it are for charge). It is the mechanical hookup of a camcorder to be used as a webcam that is my problem, not where to send the stream.

srmojuze
01-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Livestream is just another vendor for sending one's streaming video to. I use Justin TV which is FREE (Livestream or at least the decent version of it are for charge). It is the mechanical hookup of a camcorder to be used as a webcam that is my problem, not where to send the stream.

But on that page it had some stuff about USB connections from camcorder to computer? Anything useful USB wise?

dcisive
01-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Looks like the ONLY options are either WiFi, HDMI or buying an old camcorder from around 2009 or older that used tape. Oh well. Guess I'll just muddle along with the Logitech:( It's truly crazy that camera options aren't much wider than they are. And most camcorders aren't set up for a live feed. Perhaps that will change with time. I need to be able to PLUG the USB IN to the laptop, and process the input through this Adobe Flash Media Live program to encode it for H.264 prior to it's being streamed directly to the server for Justin TV. Just ain't as easy as it sounds if you don't have a USB camera recognized to choose in the Adobe menu. Oh well.........

taz291819
01-29-2013, 11:39 PM
The Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 works perfectly:

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/

It'll allow you to connect your camera to your G75 via HDMI (from the camera) to USB 3.0 (to the G75). I work in television, and use their products on a daily basis.