PDA

View Full Version : Bad rma

ANUBIS2130
01-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Im glad someone have a great exp. cause my suck . bought my g74sx from j&R music world in NY back in aug 2011. and on my 5th RMA thats
right 5th RMA. no one ever tell me this the issue or thats the issue just sends it back with what i believe to be a bogus check list. $2400 only game iv played on it and completed was streetfighter 4 . and every other game crashes from crysis 2 to starcraft 2 skyrim even my girl sims 3 game fail . from upgrade drivers to ram replacement to ssd to hhds reformats i try every thing all i can do is rma . this crazy they need to send my money and we can part way and shake hands no hard feeling. but again im glade some one had a good exp. i just wish i had a better exp. with this beast of a machine alas all i get usg******* or usa******** with a fedex shipping label. so sad

g74sx-a1
12gb of ram ddr3
nvidia 560m with 3gb of ram
2hhd 750gb a piece
bluray
1080 screen
with thx

dstrakele
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
1) It looks like you're new to this forum. Welcome, @ANUBIS! Do you wish to troubleshoot your "crashing during games" issues further? If so, what type of crashes happen during a game?

a) System Lockup - system becomes unresponsive, have to hold down the Power On button to shut down

b) BSOD - system halts and displays bugcheck information on a blue screen

c) Black Screen - all video is lost, but recovers when you tab out of game

d) PSOD - Psychedelic Screen of Death - weird colored video followed by a freeze

e) TDR Error - Timeout Detection Recovery. - Windows detects a delay in the display driver, screen goes blank, then recovers with error message

f) Unexpected Shutdown - system turns off instantly like someone pulled the plug

g) Unexpected Shutdown - system goes to Sleep or Hibernates

h) Unexpected Shutdown - system bursts into flames or explodes

Let us know and we'll see if we can help you to resolve the problems.

2) Where did you send your laptop for Warranty repair? It looks like you got several #4's (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1800-power-connector-pin-broke-on-my-G53jw&p=216679&viewfull=1#post216679), maybe a #5. I woulda thought you'd be at a #7 by now...

xeromist
01-29-2013, 08:47 PM
We just lost our customer service rep here on the forum so we don't have anyone to address your issue but I'll point your case to the marketing folks and they can forward it when we get a new rep.

ANUBIS2130
01-29-2013, 11:25 PM
yes im new to this forum but far from a noob. i wish i could get to enjoy this damn machine ,

ANUBIS2130
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
thanks i hope someone can help im was going to go buy g75 but now i think i wait a yrs or two on that .

ANUBIS2130
01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
hahahahaha lmao all d above minus the flame part im take a few pic when i get it back they use to much thermal paste it speade everywhere then they add some sort of thermal pads on top of heatsink it just a mess let see what happems now when i get it back in a few months

dstrakele
01-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Fair enough! When you get your G74SX-POS, I mean G74SX-A1 back, hopefully all will be well. If not, we'll give it our best shot to make it so....

ANUBIS2130
01-30-2013, 12:06 AM
no problem hey they told me today that it was sent to this totally new repair center

dstrakele
01-30-2013, 01:44 AM
Translation: We've lost the laptop and hope we eventually find it somewhere around here.

I think that's probably a prelude to a #7...

Pitcher@asus
01-31-2013, 07:42 AM
what is new repaire cneter? did you send to ASUS service center or reseller?