PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 3 Beta

Izrail
01-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Hey fellas, haven't seen any threads about how we're doing with Crysis 3 beta right now, so I thought I'd start.

I just played the game for about an hour and its hella fun. I was worried about being able to run it at even med-low specs, but I've been playing on High preset and I'm getting around 40-60 fps. I'm running on a 670M, OC'd to 740/1650. With the latest beta driver313.95.

Just wondering how everyone else is doing?

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 10:51 PM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28550-GeForce-313.95-Beta-Driver-Crysis-3-OPEN-Beta!&country=&status=

:P

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I just installed the driver I'll see how it goes now...

HulkSmash
01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
So, turns out I'm going back to 310.90, as the new driver won't let you use the Nvidia Inspector trick to go over the 1085 core on the GTX 660m...sad :(

JoshRawrrs1
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
OC'ed to 700/1600 playing Crysis 3 on All high FXAA 8x AF 35-55FPS

GTX670M

srmojuze
01-31-2013, 02:30 AM
Hey fellas, haven't seen any threads about how we're doing with Crysis 3 beta right now, so I thought I'd start.

I just played the game for about an hour and its hella fun. I was worried about being able to run it at even med-low specs, but I've been playing on High preset and I'm getting around 40-60 fps. I'm running on a 670M, OC'd to 740/1650. With the latest beta driver313.95.

Just wondering how everyone else is doing?

Yes, OC'ed G55 660M to 1200mhz core, 2800+mhz mem last night. Playing all High, Game Effects Very High, SSAA 2x, AF 8x, Vsync On. Took some time to fiddle with it because there is a "look" in games that I personally like. I am willing to sacrifice fps for something beautiful but not too much fps.

I notice increasing not just the clock but the VRAM helps a lot, I had to double-check my settings to see why the performance suddenly improved so much going from 2700mhz to 2800mhz+...! But yeah, very impressive.

OC'ed to 700/1600 playing Crysis 3 on All high FXAA 8x AF 35-55FPS

GTX670M

Sweet. Set Game Effects to Very High :) ... Other settings to Very High individually doesn't help so much, if you use Very High I notice everything else should be Very High to "match" the good look. If on High everything should be High except for Game Effects can be set to Very High.

Primeval
01-31-2013, 03:35 AM
Anyone play this on the ASUS G46 (GTX 660M) yet? If so, could you provide optimized settings for best gameplay? I'm downloading the game right now. :) Thanks!

Edit: I get around 20 fps average on lowest settings D: am I doing something wrong? Lol. (Specs in signature)

Edit #2: Somehow fixed the fps thing, it was running my intergrated graphics as default for some reason. Now I'm at like 60 FPS on lowest possible settings.

Edit #3: Got some settings optimized for quality, while still being able to keep very good performance (30-50 FPS)

By the way how do you guys overclock your graphic cards? Do you have to open up your laptop for that?

Primeval
01-31-2013, 07:26 AM
I recorded myself playing this on my ASUS G46VW, check the video description in YouTube for more info.

http://youtu.be/-GxFQxiHfOo

Cheers!

srmojuze
01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
I recorded myself playing this on my ASUS G46VW, check the video description in YouTube for more info.
Cheers!

Nice...! On my surround headphones I hear surround...! Is it Dolby Digital or Dolby Pro Logic, I wonder.

Anyone play this on the ASUS G46 (GTX 660M) yet? If so, could you provide optimized settings for best gameplay? I'm downloading the game right now. :) Thanks!

Edit: I get around 20 fps average on lowest settings D: am I doing something wrong? Lol. (Specs in signature)

Edit #2: Somehow fixed the fps thing, it was running my intergrated graphics as default for some reason. Now I'm at like 60 FPS on lowest possible settings.

Edit #3: Got some settings optimized for quality, while still being able to keep very good performance (30-50 FPS)

By the way how do you guys overclock your graphic cards? Do you have to open up your laptop for that?

660M ~ set everything to High. Then set Game Effects to Very High. VSync On. Try SSAA 1x. If not smooth enough change to FXAA. Turn off Ambient Occlusion in Nvidia Control Panel. Set Anisotropic to 4x or 8x.

Overclock ~ use MSI Afterburner. Set GPU clock to max (+135)... Set memory to +250 first.

Enjoy...!

I want to make a video... But gotta finish a lot of work tonight! ARGH.

I'll be back tonight.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
01-31-2013, 01:26 PM
I hate to say this guys but talking about the beta out side of the Crysis3 beta forums is against the EULA, and posting that clip could get you booted from the beta testing altogether, well at least all the beta's I have been in, in the past had a non discloser agreements that we weren't to talk about it outside the games beta forums which only beta tester forums accounts had access to.
Unless EA have some deal with ROG and have give ROG Forum members preemission to openly talk about it and even then video's are pretty much a no go zone.

mrwolf
01-31-2013, 02:19 PM
lol, there is no NDA with this open beta.. go on google you will find 100s of videos just like this and gamespot has a bunch of streams too..

srmojuze
01-31-2013, 02:28 PM
I hate to say this guys but talking about the beta out side of the Crysis3 beta forums is against the EULA, and posting that clip could get you booted from the beta testing altogether, well at least all the beta's I have been in, in the past had a non discloser agreements that we weren't to talk about it outside the games beta forums which only beta tester forums accounts had access to.
Unless EA have some deal with ROG and have give ROG Forum members preemission to openly talk about it and even then video's are pretty much a no go zone.

It's all legit bro :)
https://help.ea.com/article/crysis-3-open-beta-faq

"Can I post videos or talk about the game outside of the official MyCrysis message boards?
There are no restrictions, feel free to post whatever, wherever you want"

Gonna Make mah video now...

srmojuze
01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Sorry guys I recorded a bit in Fraps but I'm having too much fun playing so no time to make a video... :p

smidge710
01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
@PrimEvil What settings are you using? and are you overclocked? Im using G75, its not overclocked or anything, and i set my settings to medium, and it ran prob just a few more fps than yours in the video..

Primeval
01-31-2013, 11:36 PM
@PrimEvil What settings are you using? and are you overclocked? Im using G75, its not overclocked or anything, and i set my settings to medium, and it ran prob just a few more fps than yours in the video..

If you watch the video, in the beginning I open up the settings in-game and you can see all of them. No, it's not overclocked. Also depending on which G75 you have, it won't make much difference at all. If you have the same gfx card as I do, the only difference should be the processor, but because it's i7 it shouldn't make that much of a difference I've read.

@Overclocking, I'm kind of afraid I'll damage my system lol. What should I look out for when doing so?

srmojuze
02-01-2013, 01:27 AM

Even with Vsync on you should be able to play at all High settings at stock, use MSI Afterburner and I'm sure you'll hit 40fps+ on your G75... :)

Last night I got 25-30fps on 660M overclocked with even more boosted settings (all High, Game Effects and Shadows Very High)... 1200mhz core, 2900+mhz mem.

smidge710
02-01-2013, 04:47 AM
what is is msi afterburner?

Primeval
02-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Nice...! On my surround headphones I hear surround...! Is it Dolby Digital or Dolby Pro Logic, I wonder.

660M ~ set everything to High. Then set Game Effects to Very High. VSync On. Try SSAA 1x. If not smooth enough change to FXAA. Turn off Ambient Occlusion in Nvidia Control Panel. Set Anisotropic to 4x or 8x.

Overclock ~ use MSI Afterburner. Set GPU clock to max (+135)... Set memory to +250 first.

Enjoy...!

I want to make a video... But gotta finish a lot of work tonight! ARGH.

I'll be back tonight.

Do I have to restart my computer after I overclock? And will this damage my system at all o.o?

srmojuze
02-01-2013, 07:08 AM
what is is msi afterburner?

Do I have to restart my computer after I overclock? And will this damage my system at all o.o?

As I am a new member here I cannot comment on the "safety" of overclocking, it is here on the threads and around the Internet, to be safe I can't comment.

As for MSI Afterburner, just download the software and you don't need to restart, it is a very good tool.

smidge710
02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the srmojuze! really appreciate it. I'll download it when i get home from work. Any threads you could direct me to that tel me about afterburner?

HulkSmash
02-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Set your clocks to core 135+ with msi or EVGA precision (I like precision). And set your mem to around 300, that's a pretty minor overclock for a GTX660m. Just watch your temps and watch for artifacts, if your temps don't move over 75( and 75 is still very safe, they say around the 90s is when you actually damage the card) you are safe. Plus I doubt with that minor OC your temps will move that much...I have a G75, I OC mine to 1200 core, and my temps don't go over 66...idk if you have G46, it makes a difference since there is less space for air flow, but then again this is a minor OC really...and @ primeval, no with a minor OC like this you do not need to restart your computer, you only do after 136+ on core, since you need to force PStates...I'll post a link to a normal OC, but if you want to force states, let me know and I'll post another links for forcing PStates...

HulkSmash
02-01-2013, 02:42 PM
If you have a GTX660m, this should tell you all you need to know....please read all, before posting questions there are answered there, don't be lazy!!! And if you go ahead to a couple of pages it will have info on forcing PStates as well...

smidge710
02-01-2013, 07:11 PM
thanks for the info hulksmash i kind of get what you are saying but all this overclocking and whatnot is all very new to me...

HulkSmash
02-01-2013, 08:45 PM
I know, it can be intimidating, specially because we love our ROG machines so much lol...it'd be a pity to mess one of these up, even though we're trying to squeeze out the power lol...4 months ago I was clueless too, but I read a lot of stuff on different forums, but mainly here of course, plus tried things myself. But once you kind of understand it a little better you're good to go, it's not rocket science. If you still want some help though, make a new thread and I'll be glad to help with the little I know lol, I remember this was once a Crysis 3 beta thread lol...

Bundy_Drop_Bear
02-02-2013, 12:46 AM
OK , didn't know that, I have beta tested other games(haven't downloaded this one yet) and they all have had strict rules on videos and stuff, they even banned a few beta players who when and posted there videos in the forums beta section as the video's hadn't been set to restricted to viewable by link only.
Game look great can't wait for the full thing to be out.

Feud
02-02-2013, 01:12 AM
OK , didn't know that, I have beta tested other games(haven't downloaded this one yet) and they all have had strict rules on videos and stuff, they even banned a few beta players who when and posted there videos in the forums beta section as the video's hadn't been set to restricted to viewable by link only.
Game look great can't wait for the full thing to be out.

Typically if its CLOSED beta then you are required to agree to an NDA but for an OPEN beta there usually is no NDA because Open betas are publicized while Closed require some form of invitation. Battlefield 3 had a Closed Alpha and Beta that required you to agree to their NDA for example. The Closed Alpha of Crysis 3 Multiplayer however did require an agreement to an NDA too.

srmojuze
02-02-2013, 12:20 PM
thanks for the info hulksmash i kind of get what you are saying but all this overclocking and whatnot is all very new to me...

We are all here to help... So no worries search the threads first, then you will find some info. If you still feel overwhelmed, then start a new thread. For me I am new too to ROG (but not so much overclocking) and I love these forums but sometimes it is hard to find stuff, a "Wiki" would be more helpful for ROG owners, in some ways, because stuff can get "buried" in forums.