PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Problem

Ramahi
01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Today i was using the laptop on AC power without the battery inserted, and the power in my neighborhood suddenly got cut off.. it happens rarely, and always when electricity comes back the laptop operates normally when turning on.
The incident of electricity happened to me before this thread in like 3 weeks ago like 2 times in same day, but always the laptop operates normally after electricity comes back.
However this time when the electricity came back and i tried to open it, it did not open :(... what happened is i open it with/ or without the battery inserted on AC power and without. but still same issue of powering on for like 3-4 seconds only the LED of power turns on and the front LED lights two of them lit up then it closes. i have tried to press the power button for like 20 seconds but still same problem turns on then immediately off :S.

P.S: Laptop is like 7-8 months old, considered new :S

Please anyone can help, would be appreciated

Thanks

rewben
01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
take out the battery, unplug your laptop from the power source, and then press the power button for 30 seconds, then leave it alone for a while. put your battery back in and reconnect to the power source, try turn it on.

if that doesn't help, then i think the sudden power surge has done serious damage to the laptop.

Ramahi
01-30-2013, 03:19 PM
First of all thanks for your help, and second of all i have tried what u have said, and i waited for like only 5 mins after i did the 30 second press, and it didnt work, since u didnt specify how much i should wait i just wanted to ask would it make a difference if i waited longer? lets say maybe an hour or something?

Regards

rewben
01-30-2013, 03:26 PM
to be frank, i am not sure sorry.

the idea is to discharge the power stored in the laptop. the 30 secs should have done the job (that's what i do before i opened up my laptop).

Ramahi
01-30-2013, 04:24 PM
aha i see thanks a lot anyway, much appreciated. :)

dstrakele
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
... i just wanted to ask would it make a difference if i waited longer? lets say maybe an hour or something?

Nope - Once you held the Power button down, the laptop was discharged. It doesn't matter how long you wait after that.

If you live in the United States or Canada, and registered your laptop with ASUS within 30 days of purchase, and provided proof of purchase, your laptop may be eligible for the 1 year ASUS Damage Protection program (see http://completewarranty.asus.com/Content/US/ADP/adp.aspx for details).

This would cover damage caused by electrical surges. After registering, ASUS sends you a confirmation email that you are covered by ADP. It took over 4 months before I received mine.

GottiBoi55
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Today i was using the laptop on AC power without the battery inserted, and the power in my neighborhood suddenly got cut off.. it happens rarely, and always when electricity comes back the laptop operates normally when turning on.
The incident of electricity happened to me before this thread in like 3 weeks ago like 2 times in same day, but always the laptop operates normally after electricity comes back.
However this time when the electricity came back and i tried to open it, it did not open :(... what happened is i open it with/ or without the battery inserted on AC power and without. but still same issue of powering on for like 3-4 seconds only the LED of power turns on and the front LED lights two of them lit up then it closes. i have tried to press the power button for like 20 seconds but still same problem turns on then immediately off :S.

P.S: Laptop is like 7-8 months old, considered new :S

Please anyone can help, would be appreciated

Thanks

Okay, IMHO, it's always a good idea to keep the battery in the laptop while running om A/C power, look at it as a "Backups" a battery back up unit that you would use with your "Desktop computer".
That to me is just good practice, that with a good "surge protector" should protect your laptop from power outages, and power surges.
I have had a few "power outages", and never had a problem.

PS: Hope this helps, I know it works for me!

PPS: Okay, this may, or may not work!
Try to start the laptop by holding down the power button till the laptop powers off, this will be about 30 seconds.
(may have to do more then once)
Hopefully this will reset your laptop, then start the laptop as normal.
You may see the "option screen" after that procedure, that one you usually see after a sudden power outage.
Now just select "start windows as normal"
I hope this works for you!

Good luck!

Clintlgm
01-31-2013, 12:54 AM
Sounds like your not passing post, either your Ram, CPU, hard drive or Video card is not coming on so fail post BIOS Shuts down computer, seeing as how you described a power loss and probably a power surge wnen the power came back on it could be any of theses.

Pitcher@asus
01-31-2013, 03:30 AM
maybe your powe system is damage, please send back to ASUS for RMA to check.