PDA

View Full Version : Free to play Games

HulkSmash
01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if you guys know of some good quality free to play games out there. Games like Planetside 2 and Hawken really surprised me, specially because of the fact they are free...Or maybe some awesome deals since I'm a cheapass...

SubmersedHollow
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
well The secret world had monthly fee.... now it doesnt anymore u pay once u play forever :P http://www.thesecretworld.com/
guildwars2 :D https://www.guildwars2.com/ same as the secret world
Team fortress 2 is good too http://www.teamfortress.com/ is free2play

GottiBoi55
01-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if you guys know of some good quality free to play games out there. Games like Planetside 2 and Hawken really surprised me, specially because of the fact they are free...Or maybe some awesome deals since I'm a cheapass...

Those two are really good.
You can try "Need for speed world", but you have to pay for upgrades to the basic car, or if you want to buy a better car.

HulkSmash
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys! Should I get Guild Wars 2 or Secret World first? (can't wait for ESO!!!!!!!)

Still open to more suggestions!

skyrider
01-30-2013, 08:20 PM
if you are into hack and slash, you should definitely check out Path of Exile - just went open beta this monday. It's a pretty amazing game for free to play standard.

SubmersedHollow
01-30-2013, 08:22 PM
well it depends on what do u perfer... i played them both, as i can say they are both great games.. played guild wars 2 for a month or 2.. but becouse of the instance system i kinda stoped playing it... pvp is good tho but the controls are hard. the secret world is more like normal world with scify stuff.. it's more like "realistic" with the characters and all... but all i can say it has a rly good "singelplayer like story mode" and it's rly awsome, the leveling system is completly different from normal games (the level doesnt matter couse it doesnt have levels :D it only has skill abilities so u can be much more then just a "class" u selected... in guild wars the story is great too but end game is... well hard to say but nothing much to do, the leveling system is rly fun couse it's full with event's (quests that happen randomly) u can do all quests with people not required to be in group... that's the fun part xD it's hard to say now :D ur choice if u got any more questions ask

mrwolf
01-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Never played secret world but i have been MACCKING GuildWars 2 and Planetside 2.. My 2 fav games at the moment.. infact im only playing 3 games, those 2 and Project Cars Alpha which u cant get into anymore until they finnish making the game :) Your choice..

Zygomorphic
01-31-2013, 01:49 AM
Wesnoth is fun! :) Look for Open-source games, often the graphics aren't that great, but Wesnoth is surprising in that the graphics are good and the music is incredible! :)

srmojuze
01-31-2013, 02:34 AM

Hawken...! That's all I'm playing right now, but then last night I tried Crysis 3 Beta... So, looks like my gaming calendar this year is getting booked up... Dead Space 3 in several days. :o

MrPeter1985
01-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Ghost Recon Online is Free to Play and rocks!!!

Tomislav
01-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Knights of the old republic is now free to play isn't it? And there is also DC universe online if you are into superheroes. As for the ESO, you can apply for beta now, but I guess it will be insanely hard to get a place. (I'm looking forward to ESO too)

HulkSmash
01-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I applied for their Beta too! I hope I get in!