PDA

View Full Version : help with the image of MBR

vd-bar
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
help with the image of MBR, but please who originally stood windose 8, put in hand, and please photo sections as they are you.

rewben
01-31-2013, 01:06 PM
er.. are you asking for the entire hard disk image from those who run stock windows 8, or just asking them to take a screen shot of the layout shown in the disk management only?

vd-bar
01-31-2013, 07:03 PM
I ask to make a photo display of all partitions on the system drive (systems Recover ......), and a copy of the partition programmay mbr,
so that I could have it at vostonovit,
I want to see where he imeeno cost etc.

vd-bar
01-31-2013, 07:04 PM
I ask to make a photo display of all partitions on the system drive (systems Recover ......), and a copy of the partition programmay mbr,
so that I could have it at vostonovit,
I want to see where he imeeno cost etc.

vd-bar
01-31-2013, 07:06 PM
and who can or can put images of the system dis

Clintlgm
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Were not understanding what your asking for? MBR=Master Boot Record I don't know how that would be imaged or read even. I think its just code. I think most Window 8 installations use UEIF not MBR.

rewben
02-01-2013, 02:10 AM
can you please tell us your model number? (g5/75vw/x-yyyy)

from google translate, i think you wanna have 2 things:
1. a picture of disk management that displays the complete layout of partitions (stock windows), like this (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28595-Unable-to-reset-windows-8-on-G75VX&p=218556&viewfull=1#post218556);

2. the way to have w8 installed in BIOS mode, not UEFI mode (hence, MBR).

am i correct?

Pitcher@asus
02-01-2013, 03:57 AM
what do you need? install problem or just partitions concern want to make sure.

vd-bar
02-01-2013, 07:07 AM
establish the form as it goes from the factory, I accidentally all is lost, and the file download for MBR gives the F9
and I want to visually see where partitions

vd-bar
02-01-2013, 07:18 AM
But here F9 does not work, start recovery from the most eRecovery windose 8 also leads only to a simple overload computer and operating reference system.
And that does not work until you restore the logical structure of the disk and do not overwrite the original MBR.

vd-bar
02-01-2013, 07:21 AM
I passed through this before, accidentally deleted partitions except Recover and vostonavlival MBR (ie partitions) and started working F9, so that the laptop to vostonavlival pervonochalnogo state

rewben
02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
sorry but i am unable to help you in this. i don't run stock windows.

if you didn't delete your restore partition (where the stock image is resided), perhaps you can try this one (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?26510-restore-G75-Laptop).

tkolarik
02-02-2013, 04:20 AM
There has been a lot posted here about the problems with the G75 that came out with Windows 8 on it and not have the ability to produce disc that provide a fully factory reset. From my understanding, the Win8 version, like my original hard drive came with the boot partition in GUID format, not MBR. The GUID only being better if the computer was going to us a hard drive greater that 2TB.

I installed an SSD and decided that GUID was not the right partition type for me, also because my home server could not back up GUID partitions, so I installed Windows 7 on a MBR partition. I also play a 10-year old game that has yet , it it ever will be, ported for Windows 8, so I will stay on Windows 7 for a while. But I like Windows 8 alot!

Windows 8 should have a speed advantage, especially in boot times because using GUID partition and UEFI Windows 8 kinda never "unmounts" the boot drive. Something that cannot happen while using any other combination that UEFI and Windows 8.

But Asus pulled another "bonehead" move slapping Windows 8 on the G75 without the proper setup. The must have had all there intelligent programmers working on Android Jelly Bean! But whatever the case, with a damaged Windows 8 install, the choices would be install fresh on a fresh partition of you choice, and with no other factors to consider, the GUID would be best. Or buy Windows 7 and install it. If the bios hadn't been severly altered, you could probably buy the Windows 7 DVDs for about $50 from ASUS and install using them. The last choice would be mine provided ASUS can verify that they will setup the boot drive back to factor spec for a "pre-Windows 8" machine.