PDA

View Full Version : G75vw gtx 660m and few performance questions

SubmersedHollow
02-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Hello there

I've got a question about 660m in games like World of warcraft and League of Legends.
I've got good fps like 60 fps but some times they drop to 45 and below... they drop randomly is that normal?
in League of legends it drops randomly somtimes whem team fights sometimes just as playing against 2 players.
In wow i have some lagg spikes when the game frezzes for a like 0.7second then continous normaly. but sometimes just drops fps with not so much of laggspikes... is that normal or?

Especially curious about LoL and the frame drops... if anyone can help pls do... ty

g75vw
i7 3610qm
gtx 660m
win8

If anyone noticed similar strange behaviour or know the answer pls post ty.

HulkSmash
02-01-2013, 12:31 AM
I hope you're not trying to game on the battery :P

srmojuze
02-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Hello there

I've got a question about 660m in games like World of warcraft and League of Legends.
I've got good fps like 60 fps but some times they drop to 45 and below... they drop randomly is that normal?
in League of legends it drops randomly somtimes whem team fights sometimes just as playing against 2 players.
In wow i have some lagg spikes when the game frezzes for a like 0.7second then continous normaly. but sometimes just drops fps with not so much of laggspikes... is that normal or?

Especially curious about LoL and the frame drops... if anyone can help pls do... ty

g75vw
i7 3610qm
gtx 660m
win8

If anyone noticed similar strange behaviour or know the answer pls post ty.

Also, you might want to set your GPU clock to fixed (not necessarily overclocked) using NVInspector.

Also, check that CPU is always 100% in Power Options.

Good luck...!

Pitcher@asus
02-01-2013, 03:51 AM
did you plug adapter or only battery to play, because when you are pluging battery only, performance just half.

SubmersedHollow
02-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Ye i always play with adapter and in performance mode. i will try these things u guys told me about and will reply with results in this thread.

btw could this be a bios problem? I havent tried to play these games on my old bios ver. 210. i updated the bios to ver. 221 later. so... i dont know

Also, you might want to set your GPU clock to fixed (not necessarily overclocked) using NVInspector.

Also, check that CPU is always 100% in Power Options.

Good luck...!

anyone knows a guide for these? i kinda can't find them on these forum

only found http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1770296&mpage=1&print=true is this legit? :D

HulkSmash
02-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Tell you the truth, I only run mine fixed, when I OC...because I have no other option...idk, I'm a little paranoid of forgetting my clocks on high at all times...

srmojuze
02-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Ye i always play with adapter and in performance mode. i will try these things u guys told me about and will reply with results in this thread.

btw could this be a bios problem? I havent tried to play these games on my old bios ver. 210. i updated the bios to ver. 221 later. so... i dont know

anyone knows a guide for these? i kinda can't find them on these forum

only found http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1770296&mpage=1&print=true is this legit? :D

That link looks okay, this is what I used:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1267918/guide-nvidia-inspector-gtx670-680-disable-boost-fixed-clock-speed-undervolting

It's not 100% what I use because for G55 660M I use a slightly different .bat file as per other threads here on the forum.

SubmersedHollow
02-03-2013, 11:13 PM
i gave up on this topic and done a clean reinstal of good old "WINDOWS 7" still issues but it's better.
windows 8 gave me such a headache....