PDA

View Full Version : G73JH Distorted Screen Problem

d0gan
07-08-2011, 12:23 AM
I just received my laptop back from Asus RMA (2nd time) due to defective LCD screens. This screen is a lot better and only has one small spot with uneven back lighting (previous screen had like 4 to 5 spots) which I am content with.

However, I just noticed that a distorted screen appears whenever I reboot the laptop which I've tested several times now (looks like PSOD). This screen does not appear during a cold boot. It disappears after 2-3 seconds but I'm just concerned that this could be a sign of a larger problem. I get the screen distortion in windows upon LCD wake-up (power settings set to turn off after 20 mins) and once during gaming where the game booted into a loading screen.

Here are pics of bios and windows screen distortion:
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/2894...G73JH?h=2bc609

I have the latest bios 213 and am using the modified chastity vbios (012.020.000.032.0383.G730) along w/ Cat 11.5.

I have tried plugging in an external monitor via hdmi out and vga cable and was not able to reproduce the screen distortion.

Anyone know what is causing this and how do I fix it? I'm hoping I don't have to RMA this laptop again as it would be the 3rd time in a month. Thanks!

Chastity@ASUS
07-08-2011, 03:14 AM
I think I answered this on NBR... it's a PSOD issue, and it needs to be replaced. I would have them replace the lcd, mobo, and gpu, since you've already had your lcd replaced twice, so I think your video circuit is killing them.

d0gan
07-08-2011, 07:04 AM
I think I answered this on NBR... it's a PSOD issue, and it needs to be replaced. I would have them replace the lcd, mobo, and gpu, since you've already had your lcd replaced twice, so I think your video circuit is killing them.

Will do. Thanks for the help!