PDA

View Full Version : G75 will not bootup?

realmoto
02-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Hello I have had my G75 for about 1 1/2yr. I have not had any problems with it. Just recently it will not boot up from a shut down. I get the Asus ROG logo and then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I press the power button and it turns off if I power it up again the same thing happens. The only way it turns on with no problem it is by removing the battery from the laptop. Why will the battery cause this? I don't under stand why the battery won't let the laptop turn on. By the way I do have the power supply plugged in with the battery on and it still won't boot up. Any help with this?:confused:

Apexing
02-01-2013, 10:30 PM
sadly I have no idea why that may be.
but you have 2 years warrenty, so hand it in for repair or RMA it. quickly

chrsplmr
02-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Welcome to ROG.
There could be several issues .. one could just be a bad battery ..
(for 1.5 years was it plugged in all the time ?)
The second might be a problem with charging .. some conflict.
The best bet is to get a replacement battery .. and go from there .. imho.
(thats what i would do..if it were out of warranty.)

The fact that if you take the battery out and just have straight power and
it boots without issue is the red light .. it has to be in the battery or the charging. again imho.

EDIT:::
Since the suggestion of RMA has been brought up .. what country are you in ??
I would try to avoid this .. with all due respect to Asus .. but ..
order a battery asap .. first .. if you can.
PM MarshallR and ask for suggestions on how to proceed ... from there.(if neccessary.)
And.. are you registered at vip.asus.com ??? c.

cl-Albert
02-02-2013, 03:07 AM
1. The battery may be dead by now, but have you tried powering up by battery power alone and does it work?
2. When you plug in the AC adapter while the battery is installed, does the battery charging light turn on?
3. Are you still using the original AC adapter with the notebook and does the output rating underneath the AC adapter show 19V, 9.5A?
Although I would guess the battery and/or the motherboard are bad, the symptoms are also similar to using an AC adapter that is not providing enough power, so thought we should check that too.

tkolarik
02-02-2013, 03:53 AM
Have you tried to boot into safe mode? Tried to boot from a Windows 7 Recovery Disk?