PDA

View Full Version : > Arrow key and Delete key Not Working

iamthehitch
02-02-2013, 03:53 AM
Hi!

I have a G53s laptop and recently took it apart to add more RAM. Everything went off without a hitch EXCEPT after a few days now I have discovered that the right arrow key and the delete key are no longer working. When hitting F2 and going into bios after a restart the keys also do not work meaning it is a physical issue.

Anyone have any idea why? I figured if something messed up during my removal of the keyboard section than there would be more issues than just two keys not functioning?

EDIT: I also discovered the 4,5, and 6 key on the number pad are also not working. All other keys work?!

burn0u7
02-02-2013, 07:20 PM
while disassembling the G53 and removing the keyboard, some G series laptops you have to remove the keyboard with a little force due to the double sided tape that holds the keyboard down in the lower region. It would be very easy to damage the keyboard by doing that if you are not very very very careful. I've seen a few youtube disassemblys that they ended up damaging the keyboards even though they were careful.

Pitcher@asus
02-04-2013, 03:01 AM
i think you will dismatle again and make sure all fpc or connecter is no problem, if not help, i think you will buy from estore or replair it.

oinkinfinite
03-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Hey, I have a problem with the exact same keys! I never dismantelled my keyboard before though and neither have I dropped my keyboard or anything so I really have no idea what is wrong... :(

dstrakele
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Your keyboard is likely defective. If you wish to troubleshoot further, you can try the following :

1) Enter the BIOS, restore the default settings, then Save & Exit.

2) UNinstall the keyboard driver and reboot, allowing Windows to install it's Plug-n-Play keyboard driver.

3) Boot into a Linux "LiveCD" distribution and see if the keyboard issue persists. If so, it's likely a hardware problem, rather than a Windows software issue.

If these tests fail to provide a resolution, you should consider keyboard replacement.

mag78
03-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Hi, I have exactly the same problem in my ASUS laptop…right arrow key, delete button and numpad keys 4, 5 & 6 are not working.
Would you please let me know how did you fix this issue?
Thanks

Clintlgm
03-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Since I see no resolution we can assume they either replaced their keyboard or just got another notebook.

C4RN1
03-19-2016, 03:39 AM
More than likely they replaced the keyboard. Usually when a keyboard goes bad it's a odd set of keys that stop working. I've seen this on many different laptops and the solution is always to replace the keyboard. I just replaced one on my fiancee's x401a (built in palmrest keyboard PITA), and it solved the issue.